how to unlock too many pattern .. msg

geoman

Apr 27, 2014
i have a zenithink c91 upgrade, but the sticker says m3c71-1n-e8-sa081-1?
my youngest locked the pattern lock, and now i cant get in.
what is the easiest way to unlock, my prefered option
otherwise how to reset

have tried the zt-update folder but get "skip recovery" after the "system updating start.."message
can i assume that means it found the zt-update folder but did not like what was in it

would like to be able to disable the lock via adb, and have dowloaded super adb tool, but it does not see anything
i tried using the usb (computer) micro usb (tablet) cable

so what cable and tablet port do i use
where would i get any drivers if required( win 8)
thanks

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
i have a zenithink c91 upgrade, but the sticker says m3c71-1n-e8-sa081-1?
my youngest locked the pattern lock, and now i cant get in.
what is the easiest way to unlock, my prefered option
otherwise how to reset

have tried the zt-update folder but get "skip recovery" after the "system updating start.."message
can i assume that means it found the zt-update folder but did not like what was in it

would like to be able to disable the lock via adb, and have dowloaded super adb tool, but it does not see anything
i tried using the usb (computer) micro usb (tablet) cable

so what cable and tablet port do i use
where would i get any drivers if required( win 8)
thanks
So you say you have a ZT-282 C91 Upgrade tablet (an H3_1a or H3_1n tablet)? That means it's a 10" tablet..... Zenithink The barcode sticker model # you supplied is saying that you have a ZT-282 C71 Upgrade (E8_1n) 7" tablet.... So which one do you actually have? If you are going to flash a ROM to your tablet, you should make sure you are flashing the correct files for your version tablet...

"skip recovery" usually means it can't read the contents in the zt-update folder of your sdcard.... This usually happens because the sdcard is not in the FAT32 file system format, or there are partitions on the sdcard so the tablet can't read/find the zt-update folder.... Usually a full format (not quick) to FAT32 will solve that problem....

geoman

Apr 27, 2014
So you say you have a ZT-282 C91 Upgrade tablet (an H3_1a or H3_1n tablet)? That means it's a 10" tablet..... Zenithink The barcode sticker model # you supplied is saying that you have a ZT-282 C71 Upgrade (E8_1n) 7" tablet.... So which one do you actually have? If you are going to flash a ROM to your tablet, you should make sure you are flashing the correct files for your version tablet...

"skip recovery" usually means it can't read the contents in the zt-update folder of your sdcard.... This usually happens because the sdcard is not in the FAT32 file system format, or there are partitions on the sdcard so the tablet can't read/find the zt-update folder.... Usually a full format (not quick) to FAT32 will solve that problem....

it is a 10" tablet, that's why the ? was on the barcode as it indicated, as you also said, a smaller tablet.
the card does not have a partition and it is fat32, it has been used successfully for a few years now with 16 folders written by the tablet.

do the messages differentiate between valid zt-update folder and valid contents
is there anything on the card that can tell me what it is, either the four . folders or any other one? ... or anywhere else
what port do i use as i would prefer to remove the gesture.key via adb as my no1 approach
thanks

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
it is a 10" tablet, that's why the ? was on the barcode as it indicated, as you also said, a smaller tablet.
the card does not have a partition and it is fat32, it has been used successfully for a few years now with 16 folders written by the tablet.

do the messages differentiate between valid zt-update folder and valid contents
is there anything on the card that can tell me what it is, either the four . folders or any other one? ... or anywhere else
what port do i use as i would prefer to remove the gesture.key via adb as my no1 approach
thanks
Have you ever flashed a ROM to your tablet successfully before?

"skip recovery" usually means it can't read the contents in the zt-update folder of your sdcard.... A full format (not quick) to FAT32 will solve that problem.... If the full format doesn't work, then you should try and use another sdcard..... Which ROM are you flashing to your tablet? You may want to try Pas' modded ROM - [ROM] ZeniBasic ICS v1.3 12/12/2013 - ZT-282 C91 Upgrade Custom ROM Development - SlateDroid.com

Once the tablet can read the contents of the zt-update folder, it should check the headers of the ZT282 spl, kernel, and recovery files against the ones that are already on your tablet... If they are the wrong ones, you should get a "dismatch" error and gives you a prompt to overwrite or to skip (you of course want to skip if there is a "dismatch", so hit one of the volume/toggle keys to skip - do not press the camera button to confirm)....

For adb, you'll need to let your tablet boot up, and you should use the mini usb port that's next to the headphone jack, the other one under the HDMI port is only for the ethernet adapter.....

geoman

Apr 27, 2014
finally got another chance to have a look a the tablet, my ports form left to right are , ethernet(htc type 8mm wide), headphone jack, hdmi, dev (micro usb, wider shape), card slot, usb, reset hole, power, start button.
i am using super adb tool
connecting to the one near headphone, gets usb device not recognised
connecting to dev / micro usb does not get a message, good start, but nothing shows up in the list of attached devices
tablet is switched on
how do i get the connection going, is there a particular sequence
do i use something else in terms of sw or hw

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
finally got another chance to have a look a the tablet, my ports form left to right are , ethernet(htc type 8mm wide), headphone jack, hdmi, dev (micro usb, wider shape), card slot, usb, reset hole, power, start button.
i am using super adb tool
connecting to the one near headphone, gets usb device not recognised
connecting to dev / micro usb does not get a message, good start, but nothing shows up in the list of attached devices
tablet is switched on
how do i get the connection going, is there a particular sequence
do i use something else in terms of sw or hw
Yes, you should use the dev port....

Have you ever used adb before? Have you installed the drivers and whatnot?
These are kind of old, but already had them uploaded - ADB16R_and_USB_Driver
ADB usually gets installed (and updated) when you install the Android SDK....