How to Update Jelly Bean 4.1

Nov 7, 2014
I my self tried to resource the manufacturer for the upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1. I received my email with the Theme/fonts pack too. The factory Rom was really poorly optimized often lagging to a halt causing "wait" errors and the sound output from the speaker was horrible/faint. I was also disturbed and disappointed that the USB cable was faulty and made most users assume the device was DOA or had other issues .Which was easy fixed with a new cable. It wasn't until 2d backgrounds stopped loading on games and Netflix threw errors that I decided to investigate obtaining the factory IceCream rom from the manufacturer. They will not and do not respond to Rom request so I was on my own. I got my Jazz c725 Ultra tab running 4.2.2 and it has improved in performance X2, The sound output is notable also. So since this forum is how to get the Jazz c725 running Jellybean I would like to share the information and hopefully save every one the time.
There are a few programs all I used to complete the flash, I wouldn't bother backing up the rom you don't need it or want it trust me.
1)(Live suit) Is an A13 (jazz 725) flashing utility you can connect to the device via windows and flash the rom after forcing a USB driver it doesn't even need to boot the device. This works for tablets stuck in loops and there are many forums explaining the procedures to use it.

2)(Faaastjb v2.5) Faaast is an actual rom image of the 4.2.2 operating system created by TOX it requires a specific driver pack to load touch screen for the C725.

3)2-solomonsam - Download - 4shared - Toxic RR2-solomonsam.html (This is the Driver pack you need to use) I put these in the bin of android commander and load them just fine. IF IT DOESNT LOAD TO " press any key to continue" OLD ADB processes muck it up redo it.

4)(Android commander) Root windows file explorer for android, Used to edit G-sensor and accelerometer via windows - fixes Inverted sensors in the The file you need to edit is tablet side ( /system/usr/gsensor.cfg )

I am not going to explain every procedure in detail how to utilize the programs mentioned above just that they all have there own tricks and all don't run well if old adb process are running in task manager - Ide trouble shoot there. ALSO read the instructions given for live suit and forcing unsigned drivers into windows.

Ok so you did all the homework have every thing installed, have the rom loaded with driver and want to know how to edit the G-sensor use android commander to copy to desktop /system/user/gsensor.cfg Open the file in notepad and use these settings then replace the old one and restart.

;Direction parameter adjustment, including the x, y, z axis, and xy interchange four variables,
;the name of the module used for identification, and drive registered name consistent
;--------------------------
;name:bma250
gsensor_name = bma250
gsensor_direct_x = false
gsensor_direct_y = tru
gsensor_direct_z = true
gsensor_xy_revert = false
;name:dmard06
gsensor_name = dmard06
gsensor_direct_x = false
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = falsa
;name:mma7660
gsensor_name = mma7660
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = true
;name:mma8452
gsensor_name = mma8452
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = false
;name:kxtik
gsensor_name = kxtik
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = false
;name:afa750
gsensor_name = afa750
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = false
WORKING --- Wifi, Accelerometer, G-sensor, Camera, Multi Touch screen, USB & SD, Headphonejack, Google Play, EVERYTHING ELSE and better than the factory rom.

Also to get top side Keys working use android commander to edit /system/usr/keylayout/sun4i-keyboard.kl in WORDPAD 112 Volume_down, 113 Volume_up. I made my Back key 114 which is search but has potential to be what ever. Just replace it with the new sun4i file and your done.
100% functional Jazz c725 running 4.2.2, ENJOY & special thanks to TOX and satcomranger for helping me help you.

I will check back on this thread and ensure to help with a things but it isn't the hardest flash.
AND THATS HOW TO GET THE C725 Running JellyBean....

I've tried running the run.bat file and it goes,but then C725 reboots to jazz screen and sits there ?any advice where to go from here?

Last edited by a moderator: