How to Update Jelly Bean 4.1

henrie1

Jan 29, 2014
Well, I didn't get it to work.

I've tried re-flashing several times and I'm now getting pretty good at it. :)

Anyway, I edited the script.bin file to match yours. To edit the script.bin file I had to download bin2fex and fex2bin from fexc.7z ? Droplr I then copied the script.bin file to where the bin2fex.exe file was and from the command prompt ran: "bin2fex script.bin script.txt". Only the gsensor section was different from yours so I copied and pasted in yours. I then ran "fex2bin script.txt script.bin" and copied the script.bin file back to it 2-solomonsam folder and re-ran "run.bat".

It rebooted without touch screen. Are you sure you didn't leave on some other touch screen driver on your system? Maybe you could just post your script.bin file here? I just pulled mine here, this is the one that doesn't work: View attachment $debug.zip. That file includes the text version, the .bin version and my edited gsensor.cfg.

henrie1

Jan 29, 2014
jinxlinx, you can ignore this post. This is just for other people that might try to follow what is happening. Here are some problems I found and my solutions.

First, when I installed LiveSuit I finally just ran "LiveSuitPack_version_1.11_20120724_2.exe" because when I ran the .exe they suggested it installed adware first and I had to take time with Autoruns.exe to fix it. It could be if you used an older version of LiveSuitPack or downloaded it from a different site than I did (4Shared) you might get one without the adware. But if you pick the same one I did that is the workaround.

Second, to make LiveSuit.exe work you have to follow the information here: Livesuite Guide : Allwinner A1x - Allwinner A13 CPU Devices - SlateDroid.com Basically you you unplug your USB, then start up LiveSuit, say No, Click on the left Icon, find your .img file, then you shut down your device all the way (C725 you hold the Volume Down key and the Power key at the same time for about 10 seconds), then start LiveSuit.exe, then press and hold the Volume Up key and keep holding it for the next 2 steps, then plug in the USB, then repeatedly press the Power button over and over (while still holding the Volume Up key) until LiveSuit brings up a prompt, you answer No, then Yes, then wait a long time while the image gets flashed.

Third, the second time I tried to flash my tablet using LiveSuit.exe was several days after the first. When I did I got "Install the driver fail!" error when starting LiveSuit even though it had worked successfully in the past. I had to remove my USB driver but didn't know which one to remove. I used the program USBDeview mentioned here: https://www.topnotchtablets.com/FixUSBproblems and only uninstalled the ones that said "VID_1f3a_PID_efe8". I immediately tried LiveSuit again without rebooting even though the link I mentioned says to unplug from wall and all kinds of stuff. This time LiveSuit worked fine. So, just removing the right USB device worked.

Finally, as I mentioned before, when I tried to run Android Commander the first time it didn't work until I used USB Drivers Windows 7 - Vista - XP - 32Bit to add a "Android" device driver. I had to open Devices from Control panel, find the Android device, right click, update the driver by finding the place I had earlier downloaded it on my hard drive.

I should also note that once you install Android Commander you can copy the 3 files in it's bin directory to any folder you want (such as 2-solomonsam) and run adb commands from the command prompt (i.e. cmd.exe) as shown in the run.bat file in the 2-solomonsam folder.

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
The video recorder is flawless, I don't think it came on the factory rom. Really outdoes the camera.

Vroot is a good rooting tool to get android commander working on tablets without TS.
I hope it will let me troubleshoot kit kat operating systems because I plan to stay up to date.
Also live suit is not required for android commander.

Really all the programs mentioned have elaborate instructions I really couldn't begin to troubleshoot the end user experience for all the programs like Live suit, android commander, script bin editor, every experience is different... There are ways to do it not using android commander, like doing it all from a root browser tablet side as the script bin doesn't need to be edited to fex and was something I provided above to troubleshoot. (an example).

Grammatically I am not the most literate person I did not understand if it was working correctly for you or not ????
I can make a video it is like a 7 min complete flash for me.

henrie1

Jan 29, 2014
I did not understand if it was working correctly for you or not ????
I can make a video it is like a 7 min complete flash for me.

It is NOT working :(

When I try 2-solomonsam without any modifications the screen doesn't rotate and there is no touch screen response.

I spent a lot of time Friday and Saturday trying other options. If I use some combinations of both the 2-solomonsam and 27-sketch2k278 I get some action but it is still wrong. I can get the screen to rotate but it is always 90degrees off. I can also get the touch screen to respond but it is always "touching" on the wrong side of the screen.

I opened up my C725 and found I have the following chips:
SOC: (Allwinner) A13,
Touch Screen Controller: (Focaltech) FT5302FE4,
Accelerometer: (Freescale) 263 7660,
Wireless/USB: (Realtek) RTL8188CTV,
PMU: (X-Powers) AXP209,
NAND: (Hynix) H27UBG8T2BTR,
RAM: (Hynix) H5TQ2G83BFR (x2)

Could you please zip your files and attach them here?

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
Jazz C725 Kit
^^^^^^^^
Its my backup kit for my jazz c725.

In the scriptbin you can find the bin.fex and it is practically what I saved for re flash and have used it twice.
I can open my tablet again and get some macro shots although I just deleted some nice ones last week.
The 90 % off set is normal until the gsensor is copied over. I do a live delete then rewrite the file using android commander and typing in the directory /

as a last resort
I would recommend going through the list of Faaastjb 2.5 Drivers and finding out which one is has TS working for you. The 26-abdo_eltara 2002 based on what you posted

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
ARE you using FaaastJB 2.5 because I noticed you had stumbled onto another forum were I was trying to get v1 working.

ro.build.fingerprint=softwinners/nuclear_evb/nuclear-evb:4.0.4/IMM76D/20130219:eng/test-keys
Was my original firmware^^^

Also the detailed information you pulled from the hardware inclines me to think you have experience identifying hardware and are not as clueless as I imagined. What experience level do you have in Ubuntu cause you might be able to add your specific drivers to the rom satcommranger has really detailed information on how to make the custom driver packs. I have 10 years electronic experience and I couldn't have identified the chips as well as you from popping off the rear I would have been studying for awhile on google to get that detailed info. How much experience do you have on the hardware level ?

henrie1

Jan 29, 2014
Yes, I'm an EE and built some HW. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I can figure out what SW driver works. I would think my C725 would work with the same drivers as yours but it doesn't. Weird.

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
Yes, I'm an EE and built some HW. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I can figure out what SW driver works. I would think my C725 would work with the same drivers as yours but it doesn't. Weird.

(Very weird because all the drivers for the device are in the solomon2 package, for the device you described )

some manufacturers switched the TS in mid production and are using at least 2 different revisions. They could have ran out of parts, They could have made them at more than one place or out sourced, I could speculate allot as to how it happens but not in this case OD requires a consistent genuine product < JUST POSSIBLY YOUR HW IS FAULTY check your ribbon cables etc. Go through the list of fast JB 2.5 Drivers and you should get some functionality or troll firmware for other tablets. Last resort would be to flash it in mid flash unplug it and mail it to Digitac with 25$.

I would go through my hardware specs but 2solomonsam has all the drivers and is a 100% match clears any question.

Faaast comes with no TS by default so its always possible you haven't loaded. What would I do If TS failed pull out your OTG cable and 6$ wireless laptop mouse
Explore if the other drivers are on the tablet like the camera are there will freeze the tablet with default driver etc. Figure out if your missing a step

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
(He just posted that) or 6 months ago posted that. See because satcommranger and fsbently couldn't direct me to that work and we sorta worked through it to get Functionality on the c725, did he just back date it or what ? Thanx tox I mean henrie1.

Really random I compile the package then a week later it pops out finished work predated.

Can you direct me to the forum or page were tox posted this work originally. Not that I question tox if he did he did. But all of a sudden an Electronic Engineer makes 7 post and gets my edited copy of firmware then it magically appears predated but " just posted ". Would all fall into a big puzzle if you were in tox pocket or tox wtf is he doing with a 1000mhz 69$ piece of junk from OD.

But in all honesty I guess that's why I was involved in this thread so its a big step for us all ty for sharing.

HMMMMmmmmm......"Well I got lucky! Thank you for your help. What happened was that Toxicro who originally made the FaaastJB ROM happened to own a Ultratab Jazz C725 and he just posted his ROM for the C725. I download and install it using LiveSuit. Now everything works. Thank you again for your support. This is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/meotzcxt0e...JB4.2.2_v2.rar"

Last edited:

isaar54165

Mar 8, 2014
jinxlinx & others on this thread,

I'm new to tables and specifically updating them even though I have been working in IT/Programming for > 10 years. I have an Ultratabl C925 that is mainly for the kids and it works well some of the time and then hardly works at others. I would like to try the upgrade you explain here, but need a couple items to help before starting...
#1 - How much time will it take to do the upgrade and get to a functioning tablet (i.e. apps installable from PlayStore)?
#2 - Where exactly do I start (I know... loaded question)....Is it henrie1 post from 1/31 or jinxlinx from 1/6?
#3 - Is there a page you would recomended me reading before starting? I google about rooting an android system a few months ago and was overwhelemed. I'm assuming a search on the tools mention would also flood me with pages to read?

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2014
Can someone help me get the right procedure for getting the right T/S driver for Ultratab Jazz C725 I've flashed the rom from the drop box given in this thread and it flashed just fine but still no T/S working? I'm confused about this solomon2 package and the 27-sketch2k278? 1.Where to get them and 2.How to install and or push them? I'm working with 2 Tablets that were given to me bricked, I've tried other roms with the same result no T/S,anything is better than the stock rom they came with,Thanks for any help and guidance and insight to this,just want to give these back to the kids better than I got them.Again Thanks for any and all help.Cheers