I am having problems rooting

mdg100

Mar 19, 2011
I have followed the instructions numerous times from several postings and cannot get past the terminal emulator commands to flash the recovery.img
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
flash_image: not found

It cannot find the original recovery.img to be replaced by the one on my sdcard.
Where to i get the original recovery.img and where do I install it?

Thanks in advance
mdg100

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
U need to do this command first
# cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
# chown root.shell /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image
then do that and it should work if u did everything right

mdg100

Mar 19, 2011
ok, I tried first line and got cp: cant stat /sdcard/flash_image; No such file or directory.
From reading other threads, I downloaded orginal recovery.img I think I need to extract original flash_image from zip, move to sd card and then try your
commands?? flash_image does not appear to be included after new update is applied? the video and instructions need to be updated on forum?????

mdg100

Mar 19, 2011
SWEET.... got it thanks psphacker06 Here is what I had to do, and you may want to add to instructions:
I downloaded old original update.zip, extracted flash_image file to sdcard, then ran your line 1 as above
line 2 would not take, said file not found, so i tried line 3 and it worked, i then ran
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
and now have Market and all google....... THANK YOU AGAIN ( I was about to poke myself in the eye)

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
SWEET.... got it thanks psphacker06 Here is what I had to do, and you may want to add to instructions:
I downloaded old original update.zip, extracted flash_image file to sdcard, then ran your line 1 as above
line 2 would not take, said file not found, so i tried line 3 and it worked, i then ran
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
and now have Market and all google....... THANK YOU AGAIN ( I was about to poke myself in the eye)
Can you give me a step by step instruction to update.zip, clockwork recovery, terminal emulater, file manager, rom manager, google apps, adw launcher and whatever else I need to make this coby 7015 awsome> PLEASE!!!!!