I got a headache. Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet

vking1k

Dec 26, 2011
I'm new here and hoping my problems will be resolved. I don't know where to begin. I bought my daughter a Sylvania Mini Tablet (SYNET7LP) and since opening this product I have not been able to download a single thing. I get an 505 error code when trying to download apps. I thought it was just apps that was giving me problems but I tried downloading the SAM 4.3 software and immediately in the notification bar it says "download unsuccessful." I get the same thing when downloading anything from the internet broswer. I tried to do a system update and again I receive an error code (this time 502). The tablet is also having issues with my SD card where it says it's okay to remove immediately follow inserting my card. I looked into doing a hard reset but i get the "no image found, try downloading from SD card." It seems that there are others who were having similar problems and were able to resolve these issues by updating the system but again it's not allowing me to do so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vking1k

Dec 26, 2011

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Thank you but as I mentioned, I am not able to download a single thing. I already tried updating to the SAM 4.3. As soon as I click to download, I get the error symbol in the notification bar stating Download Unsuccessful. I tried something as simple as downloading a single pic from the browser and I'm getting the same thing. Any other suggestions?

Do a factory reset. Click on Settings/Privacy/Reset to Factory. NOW.... this will erase everything you have done up to this point. ALL changes you have made will be gone. It will NOT affect things you have on your mSD card. It will be be just like it was when you first opened the box. Getting a 505 on everything, and not just SAM, is a software glitch on your Android Operating System. After you do the Factory Reset, go back to Settting/Update and do an update (don't forget to set up your WiFi again first)

vking1k

Dec 26, 2011
Do a factory reset. Click on Settings/Privacy/Reset to Factory. NOW.... this will erase everything you have done up to this point. ALL changes you have made will be gone. It will NOT affect things you have on your mSD card. It will be be just like it was when you first opened the box. Getting a 505 on everything, and not just SAM, is a software glitch on your Android Operating System. After you do the Factory Reset, go back to Settting/Update and do an update (don't forget to set up your WiFi again first)

I tried that several times and still can't download.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
hmmmm.... have you tried downloading Amazon.com's app store and trying to download anything there? An Android 505 error is an "Assert Error" meaning there is a software issue, an internet 505 error is an HTTP version not supported error. Try going to HERE and download Skyfire browser and see if that changes anything.

joshuafry

Dec 27, 2011
@lorenii would u know how to get my pics to show up in my gallery i dont think the media scanner is working .......Pleas help

lorenii

May 2, 2011
@lorenii would u know how to get my pics to show up in my gallery i dont think the media scanner is working .......Pleas help

in your apps screen, open 'My Pad'. From there, click on SD1 or SD2 (depending on where you are storing your photos), click on the picture you want to open and that will pop up a screen of how you want to handle the picture, select gallery and that will associate that location with your gallery.

vking1k

Dec 26, 2011
hmmmm.... have you tried downloading Amazon.com's app store and trying to download anything there? An Android 505 error is an "Assert Error" meaning there is a software issue, an internet 505 error is an HTTP version not supported error. Try going to HERE and download Skyfire browser and see if that changes anything.

Tried that. Same results. No error code but immediately after attempting to download the apk, in the notification bar I'm getting the "download unsuccessful." I can't download anything. I also tried doing the hard reset (3 button, power, volume, and back button) which only seems to work when inserting the SD card and that's also not working. When prompted to hit the required keys it says "no recovery image availble, try downloading from SD..." The only thing wrong with this is that it's not reading my SD card. After inserting the SD card, it says it's safe to remove.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
You might need to contact DigitalGadgets.com for an return authorization (RA)

Use the ONLINE contact form. That is the fastest way. If you try to call, it will take FOREVER.