I have just purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab!!

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Wow 40$ a month extra is alot. Verizon has a 3gb data package for 20$ and 10.99 for insurance

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LouCap

Nov 13, 2010
Well, you are getting more data overall, plus there are no charges if you exceed the 5 GBs. So the t-mobile plan might be cheaper in the long run.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Oh well that makes sense. I" hop" I don't go over but my plan is to only use 3g whenever my droid x doesn't have 3g to hotspot with or I don't have wifi

ayman07

Aug 3, 2010
There is no way I'm going to pay $40 a month for data. I have a nexus one on tmobile so I just tether for free. We are trying to get the data working from my nexus sim card to work on my tab over at the xda forums. No luck yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
The way I look at it is if I don't eat out so much during the week ill have the extra cash for the data. The initial cost is what pained me but if its as good as the videos show then I wont feel so bad

Mike.Anders

Nov 15, 2010
Looking forward to jumping on the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the next week or so as I weigh the first-takes that are rolling in. I'm new to these kinds of devices and I am wondering about the disparity between the Froyo that is coming with the current Tab, and the Gingerbread and Honeycomb that will be coming down the road. Getting a Tab now (which I'll probably do regardless), am I locked in to the 2.2 for the length of my contract, or will the later versions be pushed out remotely eventually? This may influence my decision on which carrier to go with. Thanks!

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Updates will be pushed over the air just like the other android devices. What happens is google builds it then sends it to the manufacturers who makes it work with the interface overlay and then sends it to the carrier to further adjust it to their liking. Updates will continue as long as googles support builds software for it and the devices meets the minimum requirements.

I have a question. I ordered my tab on saturday morning and was expecting a shipping verification by today which did not come. I got the two day shipping and was wondering if its just going to ship tomorrow or are they not required to send confirmation?

klown07

Aug 27, 2010
Where did you order your tablet from fishstick? If from amazon, it says usually ships from 8-9 days or something like that.

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
No from Verizon I got the 2day shipping. When I check it online it doesn't give me any info just says check tomorrow

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Will do if I don't get any type of confirmation 2moro im just really antsy to get it and mess around with it lol

klown07

Aug 27, 2010
I totally understand. Its a really great tablet. I like not having to use any "market fixes" or custom stuff on it. Everything works right off the bat. I've unfortunately had the worst luck with my tablet. It died on me after 4 days, I exchanged it, and my next tab had a black scratch under the glass, exchanged that one and my third tablet had a magenta dead pixel. I had to talk to the manager when I took that one back, and they said they couldn't exchange anymore because they didn't have any more tablets. so I got a refund instead, and now I am tabletless, and I miss it already lol. PLUS I can't order another one until my refund shows up in my bank card. And that can take days. I've had the absolute worst luck and I am very frustrated.

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Had to make a few calls but found out it'll be here 2moro. Got scared cause my local Verizon has no idea I had made an order.