I really need help

tracie1976

Apr 4, 2012
My stepdaughter picked out a tablet on ebay and bought it. It will not stop showing the android symbol and will do nothing else. It is suppose to be a Google Android 2.3.3 4G 8"Touchscreen Tablet PC WiFi +3G Cameara Silver.
The manual that came with it is no help what so ever. I can't find a website that can help out except for here but I can't find anything on this tablet.
Any help would be great.

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, firsftly you need to try and discover the exact make and model no of your device. Maybe the seller can help. Its probably a wm8650 based tablet (which is the cpu your tab works from). If so there is a software rom called uberoid you can download from your pc via an sd card that will very likely help. It will make the device much better than the stock chinese software that it probably has now. If it is wm8650, check the more android tablets/wondermedia based section of the forum for links, help and info to guide you through the procedure. If its not wm8650, there should be some assistance elsewhere on the forum once you know what your model is. There are a lot of various makes and models that are based on the same cpu chipsets and identifying this is halfway to solving your problems. Many half factory resets but that could vary in how they are implemented. Eg hold power and volume buttons until device is reset (maybe 10secs or so) or hold power and menu buttons likewise. You could try various buttons to see if this will work. I hope you can resolve your issues by any of the above techniques. Because thrse tabs, once running correctly are a good cheap way of getting online, reading ebooks, gaming etc. Try not to get too frustrated. I too have a wm8650 tab and it took me a while to get to grips with it but it also taught me a lot about android tabs. What they can and can't do, how to improve performace, battery conservation etc etc. It has now led me to get a bigger, better device which I am really enjoying using. Good luck.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

tracie1976

Apr 4, 2012
Thank you :) Unfortunately there is nothing showing the model type on the tablet itself, the box it came in, or the manual that came with it. I am on the page that shows our item. I think it may be a MAPX210 (what ever that means it says CPU type next to that number) I tried to do the hard reset but maybe I didn't hold the buttons down long enough.

tracie1976

Apr 4, 2012
Ok...I think we have an epad from the pictures we've seen so if anyone has any clue where to find a manual for one of those...that would be very helpful :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
The manuals are generally a waste of paper. You will find more on the forum to help you. Try typing in that cpu no in search maybe it'll come up trumps for you. Epad is just a general term for these types of device.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet