I think I broke it, Ma.

5teve

Aug 30, 2010
I have had my ZT-180 for a while now and only use it every so often to check e-mails or read web pages. I may have left it to long between charges because when I picked it up and pressed the GO button, nothing happened. I plugged it is and left if alone for a few hours and tried the ON button again. This time it fired up as normal and showed the battery level at 50%.
The only thing that I did then was remove the mini tf card, put it in my PC via a card reader and add an Audio book before returning the card to my tablet.
I hit the Start button and left to make a brew. When I got back a few minutes later, the screen was black apart from the word ANDROID at the left side of the screen in very small letters with a flashing cursor after the "D" ..... So I tried again.
I switched it off by holding down the Start button and then doing a reset with a pin in the Reset hole and then pressed the Start button again.
The screen stayed blank for a few seconds and then the words "Menu Update" appeared followed by a line of text that flashed on the screen to quickly to even read the first word.
Then I got the word ANDROID in big colourful letters across the middle of the screen. That then disappeared and the Android robot showed for a few seconds at the top left of the screen before that went away and the word "Android" appeared in very small letters with the flashing cursor after the "D".
And that's all I can get out of it.
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Steve

5teve

Aug 30, 2010
Update .... I still can't get it to start but there is some added info that may help you to help me.
Just after pressing the Start button, the words, "Menu Update" appear as I said earlier but I have found out what the line of text after that says. The only way to see what it was meant taking a video of it and then freezing the frame on the exact millisecond that the text was in view.
What it actually says is .....
Start System "Android Mass Storage"

Does that help?
Cheers,
Steve

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Steve sounds like you need to reflash your zt180. There are post on here about how to do that. If I find one I will post the link on here!!

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Here try this:
Here is how I reflashed my zt-180 and it worked!!
Step 1 - Go to ZT-180_1204fw.rar
download the zt-180 rar file
step 2 - extract the file and put it in a folder (download folder)
step3 - locate the correct zImage file for your tablet (models built before Aug.15 use 1024x576) rename it zImage
step 4 - run Burntool.exe
step - 5 - with tablet turned off connect to computer using the mini-USB port on the side of tablet ( you may have to install the drivers for this tablet)
step 6- On the tablet hold down the Top Menue button and then press the power button
step 7 - the first status box in burntool should light up green
step 8- click the start button in the burntool to comence update. Disconnect the usb when compleat and press the home button.

5teve

Aug 30, 2010
Thank you, BW.
My apologies for the delay in getting back but, to be honest, I had given up hope and shoved the ePad in a drawer.
One problem springs to mind though, How do I check for Zimage and install drivers if the ePad never actually turns on?