I want to get a new ROM

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
But I don't know which one to get or how to reflash my G Tablet. I installed TnT Lite 2.2 with Clockwork. I'm not to sure how I would reset my Tablet to after I installed Clockwork and which ROM to try out. I was thinking about either Vegan or CM. Any help/suggestions?

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
In my opinnion cm7 is the best rom out there, I also install the vtl launcher instead of using adw that comes with cm7 for a better tablet experiance

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i would also recommend reading the sticky in the Technical Sub-forum on how to flash a new ROM. It covers everything you need to know on how to do this.

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
I've had my gTab for about a month and tried TnT Lite and CM7. I really like CM7, but I went through some of the same confusion you are going through. I like the look-and-feel of CM7, it's stable, pretty fast, flexible. Before you download or setup too much, try them all. It's pretty easy to flash each one and then give each one a day or so - whatever amount of time you need.

Titanium Backup is also a good program as it allows you to backup programs and settings and reload them after reflashing each ROM. I did have an issue when using it to move from TnT to CM7, but most haven't.

Though the Android tablet options can be overwhelming, it is also great that we have the options to customize so much of the tablet to our own needs/requirements/likes.

Enjoy!

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Do I need to reinstall Clockwork when I install a new ROM?

Edit: So I installed Vegan GingerEdition, and things looks nice pretty far. This whole new screen is extremely different. I'll mess around with this ROM for a couple of days, then try CM7. Only problem I have so far is the keyboard, the 'o' button needs to be pressed a couple of times. Can I DL a new keyboard? I do love how I don't need to do the market fix for this though.

2nd Edit: So I just rebooted my tablet and I've been stuck on the >VEGAN-TAB GingerEdition screen for awhile. Is this a boot loop? If it is, how do I fix this?

Last edited:

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
It is a boot loop. The only way I've been able to fix is go into cwm and repartition to 2048/0 but it doesn't work for everyone and some people have fixed it without it but I'm not sure how. Maybe nvflash and reflashing rom?

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Oh dang, I totally forgot about this but yeah I got it to work. All I did was reboot it into Clockwork and reflashed the ROM

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Glad u got it fixed!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Well, I'm on the prowl for a new ROM; CM7 was probably my favorite, but after using all these different ROMs, I want something that suits my needs. I want something that doesn't have camera/gallery related bugs, that can play PvZ or Peggle without crashing (I really can't find a ROM that can do that) and support for other apps, such as Sketchbook Express, Firefox, ect. I also want a ROM that doesn't have choppy video playback with Youtube and my videos (my current ROM has a problem with that). Is there a ROM that has all of that or something at least close? My current bootload is at 1.1 but if there's a 1.2 ROM, I'll be more than happy to upgrade. Thanks in advance!