ICS 4.0.3 tablet does not see external SD card

MightyManfred

Aug 17, 2012
My brand new LY-F1 7 inch tablet (MID, 1 GB RAM) has stopped seeing cards inserted into the TF slot. At first, it read files from the 32 GB SD card with no problems. After a short time, it declared the card damaged. I tried two different card of different capacities using FAT32 no volume name formatting and partition management tools. Both cards are working fine in my PC but the tablet now does even know when a card is inserted.

This looks like a hardware issue to me - within the tablet.

Any ideas?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum MightyMan

You didn't say what file system you're using, but there may be a hardware problem nonetheless. Formatting the cards NTFS or FAT32 should work. Are all the cards the same make/model? When going to storage in settings, does it give you an option to mount the external storage?

MightyManfred

Aug 17, 2012
leeshor: Many thanks for your kind reply. The tablet is running ICS 4.0.3 and my PC is Win 7 Home Premium. Both card are Sandisk; one is 8 GB and the other 32; both class 4. When a card is inserted into the tablet, there is no option to mount the external card - that is greyed out. Astro file manager reports no card. It seems to me to be a hardware issue.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
leeshor: Many thanks for your kind reply. The tablet is running ICS 4.0.3 and my PC is Win 7 Home Premium. Both card are Sandisk; one is 8 GB and the other 32; both class 4. When a card is inserted into the tablet, there is no option to mount the external card - that is greyed out. Astro file manager reports no card. It seems to me to be a hardware issue.

It does sound like hardware. There may be a problem with the card slot sensor. Wish I could be more help.

MightyManfred

Aug 17, 2012
I've contacted the customer service team from the vendor and they are willing to give me a refund. I think I will send it back and try another brand.