Ideos S7 Slim - cannot connect to Android Market

jwerstlein

May 8, 2011
I just got the Huawei S7 Slim Ideos for Mothers Day. I have been able to set up my email, facebook, WI-FI. I can get onto the web however I can't get to the android marketplace.

I have a gmail account. Whenever I try to connect it says "Your phone needs to communicate with Google servers to set up your account" (this model isn't a PHONE). It is connected to WiFi.

Then the error I get is "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" With another message that says "This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customver Care."

Any idea

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Same exact problem here- bought S7 Slim yesterday at BB.... not happy!
Posted in another thread.... but I'll repost here cause it's a dedicated thread.

...I had problems logging into GMAIL Account and Market and noticed the version of the Build was S7-201u, the device is the S7-201w)

Manually navigate to the the Google Market webpage and sign in through web browser (signed in OK- recognizes me) choose app to install, try to install app- dialog box asks "install to another device" and shows my rooted Nook Color. No option to install to S7 from Google Market via the web version of the android market.

Apps from SD card install OK to S7 Slim.
Apps from Amazon Market install OK to S7 Slim.

Gmail login fails- "Can't establish reliable data connection to the server- this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If this continues, call customer care"

Google Market fails- "Can't establish reliable data connection to the server- this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If this continues, call customer care"

Needs firmware/software fix form Huawei.... anyone got a contact phone number for them?

Last edited:

Zeve

May 4, 2011
I bet it has to do with the phone capacity of the S7 Slim being removed at the final minute (all the prototypes I´ve seen shown everywhere had phone capability) and Android 2.2 thinking of it as a phone.

Maybe there´s a workaround in the settings to solve that?

smatofu

Apr 21, 2011
it is just a guess. when I had a problem with market on my old regular (not slim) ideos s7, I removed market update. and it helped.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I just got the Huawei S7 Slim Ideos for Mothers Day. I have been able to set up my email, facebook, WI-FI. I can get onto the web however I can't get to the android marketplace.

I have a gmail account. Whenever I try to connect it says "Your phone needs to communicate with Google servers to set up your account" (this model isn't a PHONE). It is connected to WiFi.

Then the error I get is "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" With another message that says "This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customver Care."

Any idea

Is this a technical related post?
Surely it should be in general.

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Called Huawei North America support (888-548-2934) this morning.
Was on hold for less than 30 seconds.

Was told that Gmail and Google Market failures are known issues with the S7 Slim at this time, corporate is working on a ASAP fix- possibly out in a day or two.

Was offered a phone call back when fix is out or just check for "system update" from the S7 menu while connected to wi-fi.

Asked if other S7 Slim users were reporting any other issues at this time- was told "no other issues besides the Gmail and Google Market issues".

Pretty happy with Huawei North America support! :D

PS- Ran Copilot this morning on the way to work- worked perfectly!

Mr. Ed

May 9, 2011
confirmed the fix works...

restore/wipe from the system menu and it wipes everything clean and starts from scratch...

you will need to reroot if you rooted

still looking for a clockwork image that works btw :(

jwerstlein

May 8, 2011
I'm still lost. When I called tech support they said they were working on a fix for this but didn't have anything yet. Best Buy tried to help by having me go through the wi-fi and get on the internet to the market - well that doesn't work since I don't own an android phone. I'm new to tablets so I don't know how to wipe anything and don't want to void my warranty since if they don't have a fix I will be returning it in 9 days. I saw someone posted that they fixed it but don't know how?

Zeve

May 4, 2011
settings > privacy > factory data reset. You will lose everything you already installed, but after the last reboot, will have normal access to Gmail and Market.

aksoutherland

Sep 22, 2010
I can confirm that this process works and will allow you to get into the android market and gmail. All my attempts to root have failed, can anyone point me to a root method that works?

jemartinatt

May 13, 2011

Any idea

Hello, I had the same problem. I Googled the "Can't establish a ..." message and found a tip that was meant for a phone but it worked for me. Apparently, the Google Market wants you to set up your GMail account before any other clients. I setup my Yahoo mail account first. I fixed mine by doing a factory reset then setting up GMail first. All is well now. To do the reset, goto Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset.

I have a problem with my accelerometer. When using a level application, Bubbles, the level orients itsself wrong. For example, if you hold tablet on side the bubble level is vertical instead of horizontal. If you lift an end the bubble travels up or down - not towards the high side like it should. I can't play Labyrinth either.

Any Ideas? Does IDEOS have a support phone number?

Last edited:

ac7ss

May 17, 2011
Had this problem as well on the first day (yesterday) I used it. I just reset to factory defaults, logged into youtube app using my g-mail account, and was able to access the android market right off.

Also having the trouble with the accelerometer, same issue, seems to be a software issue, should be able to fix it in software. (That is what brought me into these forums.)

Hello, I had the same problem. I Googled the "Can't establish a ..." message and found a tip that was meant for a phone but it worked for me. Apparently, the Google Market wants you to set up your GMail account before any other clients. I setup my Yahoo mail account first. I fixed mine by doing a factory reset then setting up GMail first. All is well now. To do the reset, goto Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset.

I have a problem with my accelerometer. When using a level application, Bubbles, the level orients itsself wrong. For example, if you hold tablet on side the bubble level is vertical instead of horizontal. If you lift an end the bubble travels up or down - not towards the high side like it should. I can't play Labyrinth either.

Any Ideas? Does IDEOS have a support phone number?