Idolpad Rooting

orthomentor

Feb 19, 2012
Working on Idolpad rooting and exploration. New to Android, but 20 years in UNIX and such. Thought I should take a little bath in the OS. Familiar with Busybox because of my TDS modem! More later...

orthomentor

Feb 19, 2012
By the way, it seems to have problems with static IP config. Works OK with DHCP and prefers it. Will research when the Honey-Do list is cleared.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to Android Tablets. Nice to have you here as a member of the forum.

d3g3n3r4t3

Mar 12, 2012
Working on Idolpad rooting and exploration. New to Android, but 20 years in UNIX and such. Thought I should take a little bath in the OS. Familiar with Busybox because of my TDS modem! More later...

I suppose here is good as any place to post this then maybe, if u arnt already, u can do some stuff with this thing. I have the Idolpad currently rooted with the following procedure.

--begin quote-
I could root Haipad M8, using Superonclick 2.1, after that it said the system was not totally rootted.
I installed in the tablet Rootcheker. It said the device was not rootted because of su file was not permissions.
I found the su files and I changed the permissions with

chmod a=wrx su

after that I followed this tutorial:
-- Begin tutorial --
Q: How to root the Haipad M8?
A: You need the GingerBreak and some manual work.
You need to have an installed Android SDK with adb.exe or take this archive with adb.exe only. And you need to have a modified USB driver.

Connect the Haipad M8 to the PC (USB OTG). You will have to install modified USB driver if it is needed.
"USB debugging mode" must be enabled in the device.
Run the cmd.exe and go to a directory where the adb.exe is located (for example: cd d:\adb)
Run command:
Code:
adb root
adb shell
must be # in the prompt (root mode)
Code:
cd /bin
check a symlink su
Code:
ls -l --color=never su
"su -> busybox" is not right. Delete the symlink su
Code:
rm ./su

-- end of the tutorial --

I run Rootchecker again and it said it was rootted.

After that i installed latest version of Busybox to obtain full access to the device. Some applciations could not run before this installation. After that applications like Magicmoodle (before rooting it didn't work) run ok.

--end quote--

they share the same vimicro VM0882 so i gave a shot and worked fine heh i had already tried both gingerbreak and superoneclick before comming across this in that order

EDIT: shoot forgot to give credit. lalberto at http://www.chinadigitalcomm.com/haipad-m8-vimicro-vc882-t10830-110.html page 12 2nd post

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi d3g3n3r4t3, welcome to Android Tablets. Very impressive first post, glad to see you're interested in helping folks out. That's what makes the forum work. It's nice to have you as a member of the forum.

Hitoshi089

Nov 8, 2012
Hello, I am not able to get even into the device with it in debugging mode. It is having problems with the drivers. Seems I couldn't find it on the site or Googling the model.
Please assist in how I may obtain the drivers for it so I may root it. Thanks.