IMEI number?

Claian

Dec 27, 2010
does anyone know how to display the imei number of the phone?
I'm having trouble getting my tablet unlocked. The service that I am using asked me to double check that the number under the battery cover is the same as the one the phone displays on screen.
The problem is that the code displays requested service unknown?
Is there another way to make the phone display it other than *#06# ?

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
If you install the free Android System Information app from the market, it will display the number, as well as a lot of other useful stuff.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
If you install the free Android System Information app from the market, it will display the number, as well as a lot of other useful stuff.

Great app...found IMEI under "System/Telephony"...

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I saw someone on eBay advertising for this but I'm confused since I thought the S7 was already unlocked? It works with both my AT&T and T-Mo SIMS.

There are many S7 variations. Some may be locked to carriers, hence why there is unlocking service offered on eBay. The ones from Best Buy US are unlocked. You do not mention which one you have but since you are able to use ATT and T-Mo sim cards, sounds like yours already is unlocked.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Heh, I just noticed that the number is also printed by the sim slot underneath the back cover, that might have been an easier way to get it.

llanyort

May 26, 2012
Check this video out. it will show you how to use SU to restore/repair the IMEI.

Last edited by a moderator: