T mobile seems have blocked data for my S7 for no reason.....

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
Ok 1st off I want to say this just might have been a fluke but I wanted to post it regardless.

for the last month I have been using the s7 daily and using alot of net including creating a hotspot with it for my laptop at work to do our credit card transactions via paypal. It has been working flawlessly this whole time. Well come today I kept getting redirected to a T mobile page for log in. ( the mytmobile page)

So I started trouble shooting the problem, including changing sim cards, ( that got the s7 getting data ) I also did a factory reset and that did nothing but delete my stuff. The weird thing about changing the sim cards is I took mine and put it in my girlfriends phone ( HD2) and it worked just fine there and her sim card got my data on the S7. After this I put the sim cards back where they go and lost data on the s7 again.

I called t mobile and I swear they have a clan of the "missing link" working for them ( apes ) 1st I got nothing but people who could barely speak English. ( btw I know my spellings sucks but I can talk correctly and you can understand me ) So trying to work thou a communication problem was frustrating enough and 2nd they kept telling me everything was fine on there end and it was my phone. Of course I had to argue with them and tell them the trouble shooting I did. Finally I got someone who checked my imei number. and then did something but said it could take up to 2 hours before I get my data back. This is very frustrating because it effects our business as we use our data on our phones for running credit cards and doing our business facebook and twitter updates for specials ect...

Personally I think they just blocked my data for one reason or another ( maybe because I was using a lot of data and not on one of there phones ) dont know...

Have any of you had any data problems with t mobile? Any sujestions as to what this might be would be great thanks...

Johnboyjr

Dec 28, 2010
When ever tech support says wait two hours that's them telling you to get off the line with them

419guy

Nov 17, 2010
I am having the EXACT same problem, on the phone with them right now.. They are saying they have no idea why and told me to check the APN setting which is correct;

epc.tmobile.com

I told Tmobile I am not the only one having this problem and asked them if they have made any data plan changes for non Tmobile phones but she said no and all they can do is refer me to call Best Buy, which I am sure will also not have a clue....

double

Dec 24, 2010
same here. talked to tmobile, a woman said wait a few hours (presumably until she got off) and right now no servicio. What to do t-mobile?

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
oh im going off on them when I call in a few min.. Ima refer to this page and tell them to f off and fix the **** and ask for supervisors and go all the way up the chain today.. all the way to the CEO if needs be.. I have before...

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Firstly I assume you are in the US.
Secondly this may or may not work!
I travel to the states for 90 days at a time (visiting my fiance) that's all they allow me and while I'm there I run a T-mobile pay monthly plan that I get from a well informed local independant agent and when I first got the plan I had the same problem after a few days.
Seems that the T-mob data system "detects" what they see as a smartphone and the defaulting to the login page is their way of getting you to take a more expensive and to them "appropriate" plan.
I asked the agent about this and he found the answer.
The epc APN is monitored for traffic usage!
However, T-mobile took over Voicestream some time ago and that data network is still running and accessible and is not monitored.
Try internet2.voicestream.com as you APN and see what happens.
You will only get edge, but, that proved good enough for me and I believe the main data network only runs at edge speeds on the S7 anyway. Stupid frequency choice by T-mob US!
I hope this might help.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
ok I will try that PA59....

I just changed and im restarting.. we will see

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
btw update from them.. I talked to about 4 more reps and tech people.. well needless to say I bitched for quite a while.... they credited 10 dollars to my account and they told me the changed my data plan in there side to the galxey tab and told me to wait 2 hours.. I have a feeling that wont work eather.. needless to say im still waiting on them...

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Fingers crossed!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
It'll work!

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
Firstly I assume you are in the US.
Secondly this may or may not work!
I travel to the states for 90 days at a time (visiting my fiance) that's all they allow me and while I'm there I run a T-mobile pay monthly plan that I get from a well informed local independant agent and when I first got the plan I had the same problem after a few days.
Seems that the T-mob data system "detects" what they see as a smartphone and the defaulting to the login page is their way of getting you to take a more expensive and to them "appropriate" plan.
I asked the agent about this and he found the answer.
The epc APN is monitored for traffic usage!
However, T-mobile took over Voicestream some time ago and that data network is still running and accessible and is not monitored.
Try internet2.voicestream.com as you APN and see what happens.
You will only get edge, but, that proved good enough for me and I believe the main data network only runs at edge speeds on the S7 anyway. Stupid frequency choice by T-mob US!
I hope this might help.

well I just tryed this and I am getting redirected to a simular site for the old log in page..

yeah there trying to block me... pissing me off for sure... another phone provider just trying to f*** over there customers as always.. this is really depressing for sure! if anyone else has any ideas that would be great!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Well I'm shocked!
It could be that they are recognising your SIM registration on the network. I got the agent to register mine on a basic phone and I suppose that's what they see as my device when I access.
I wonder if you could reregister your device on that SIM saying you have now got a non smarphone device?
ie don't tell them you have a S7!

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
well they already have it in the notes alot that I have the s7... so not sure if they can try to register it on the hd2 or something... its weird cuz the sim works in my girlfriends hd2 for data...