iMito IM7 power supply (connector)

yelvington

Oct 8, 2010
Does anybody have a spec or description that would enable me to find a replacement power supply for the iMito IM7?

The connector end that plugs into the tablet seems to be a size previously unknown to man. I have a whole box full of Chinese power supplies left over from phones, cameras, portable CD and DVD players, et cetera over the years, and NONE of them fit.

I still have my power supply, but that whiny little plug is just begging to broken off (like the plugs on several of my Nokia devices). And mine came with a very inconvenient European mains power connector.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
If it is thatr really skinny plug similar to my Haipad 701, I picked up a 9 volt charger that fits from radio shack

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk

Last edited:

artdoll

Dec 18, 2010
I have same problem. Did anyone find a replacement (with specs so I can order online or ask for with more info than "9v"?) Really need it since have problems with using the included crap!

EastCoastKat

Jan 8, 2011
Wow, I really wish someone would answer this! I too find my Imito Im7 is not charging! The guide says 9v but the charger is 5v and my husband checked it and it is 5.2v that came with the tablet, but it does not charge?? Is it 5v or 9v? I only wish we could get a few people to give a firm answer.

PLEASE CAN SOME ONE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THIS HELP US WITH AN ANSWER?

Thanks....

EastCoastKat

Jan 8, 2011
Well, I think I received a bunch of crap too, the whole thing, it is dead with the red light just beaming, not charging not with the charger they sent even though it is working, hubby tested the charger and it's putting out 5 volts. So either this needs more volts to charge or it's just a bad unit. I looked up the battery and it should charge with 4.6 volts for a 1 cell battery, so 5.2 volts should charge it, but it doesn't. After 2 months of waiting this what we get!! I will have to escalate my PayPal dispute to a claim. It worked for all of 45 minutes, said low battery and powered down. Now nothing!

EastCoastKat

Jan 8, 2011
Does anybody have a spec or description that would enable me to find a replacement power supply for the iMito IM7?

The connector end that plugs into the tablet seems to be a size previously unknown to man. I have a whole box full of Chinese power supplies left over from phones, cameras, portable CD and DVD players, et cetera over the years, and NONE of them fit.

I still have my power supply, but that whiny little plug is just begging to broken off (like the plugs on several of my Nokia devices). And mine came with a very inconvenient European mains power connector.

I went ahead and bought the 9v, because I was sent a 5volt and wasn't sure exactly what battery I had! I bought it at Radio Shack. Took the tablet with me, they were great! WHAT DO YOU KNOW? BOOM FIRED UP RIGHT AWAY! I HAD NOTHING TO LOOSE, I WAS READY TO SEND IT BACK, BUT 9VOLT WORKED LIKE A DREAM! COST ME ANOTHER $40, SO MY NOWSUPPLIER DISPUTE WILL DEFINATELY BE ESCALATED TO A CLAIM AT PAYPAL AT LEASE FOR THE $40 AFTER WAITING OVER 2 MONTHS TO RECEIVE IT!

Try the 9 volt. My headphone plug was 3.5 mm and not 2.5 so I am not even sure if my tablet is an imito im7? Nowsuppliers description is some what different than the actual tablet I received! Live and learn, I guess!:confused:

EastCoastKat

Jan 8, 2011
9v + I am finally able to post. Even though I don't know for sure what tablet I have! The Android market worked once for me ! Now it won't connect again!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

MommaSuz

Sep 14, 2012
Take the 2 screws from the side of the Imito and GENTLY pry it open with your fingertips CAREFULLY!! See where the charger plugs into the side, that little "box" has a tiny metal tab. Gently take something small and SLIGHTLY bend the tab inward. This has to come in contact with the charger, otherwise tablet will not charge. I did this with my Imito (after trying to get the Manufacturer to replace for 6 months, contacting paypal, contacting Nomorerack.com to replace) I did this out of desperation...and viola!!! it works now, been charging right along. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating this can be!