Improvements....what is next????

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
So we have found ways to get the processor to almost 1Ghz, move the apps to the SD card, get the front camera working as the default for video calls and now widgets to work on other launchers.

So unless I am missing something those have been the big items short of having 2.2. We should have 2.2 with the next two months and hopefully some customer ROMs as well. Short of these two things and what 2.2 will bring (flash player), what else do we need to do to make this tablet better?

To top this off, I saved $50+ last week from Best Buy for a price match. I love this tablet!

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
If we could fix the lame battery life that would be fantastic:)

Running launcher pro seems to have improved battery life greatly. I think the huawei launcher was sucking the life out of this thing.

Sent from my S7

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I will let you know if launcher helps at all. I am also using ADW Black themes, which supposedly helps. Dark colors use less power.

Flash support is about the only thing lacking on this device.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
camera still needs some work...... with the cam mod, the rear cam pic is backwards. Not sure if it was like that with the original cam's.

Not sure what would be needed to manipulate the camera rotations.

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
camera still needs some work...... with the cam mod, the rear cam pic is backwards. Not sure if it was like that with the original cam's.

Not sure what would be needed to manipulate the camera rotations.

New Fring update doesn't need the cam mod. Works well for me.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
yes but the camera is showing you upside down to person your calling...... and if you go into the camera application to take a pic with the rear cam - the pic is a mirror of what it should be.....

so we need to figure out what is causing those issues...

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
yes but the camera is showing you upside down to person your calling...... and if you go into the camera application to take a pic with the rear cam - the pic is a mirror of what it should be.....

so we need to figure out what is causing those issues...

ohhhh right right. you'd think it'd be a simple camera rotate solution for something like this.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
i have confirmed that both cameras seem to flip with either mod done :

Open default camera app , rear cam should be default (if not then use rear cam script in gscript to switch. make sure camera app is killed first)
**look at what the camera is looking at , should be same**
Kill the camera app and apply the front cam script mod with gscript.
Open default camera app, your front cam is now default. Switch to secondary cam
**look at same area now, its flipped**

so :
front cam default mod = rear cam flipped ~ use adobe photoshop express to quickly "flip" all pics to normal and save
rear cam default mod = rear cam normal

I have noticed the front cam flips with the diff mod's too.... there has to be something flipping them during the script executions.