Infotmic IMAP x210 1.0 ghz

AtomR

Apr 12, 2012
Good afternoon,
My boss has recently bought a very cheap tablet so that I can develop an android app he wants to market. I don't really know much about it. This is what it says on the box:

Cpu: Infotmic IMAP x210 1.0 Ghz
Mem: 256 Mb Flash: 4Gb
Screen 7''
Res: 800x480

It has a device they call a transfer box that had a Ethernet port, and 2 usb ports.
As I write this the monitor seems to be going crazy flashing and going white so that's always a good sign LOL.
I think it was batery dying. It's working now while charging.
I acessed the Phone Info on the setting of android and here is what it says:
Model: m7206 V2.2
Android version : 2.3.3
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel Version2.6.35.7-InfoTM
hexianghua@ubunto #25
Build Numebr
GRI40

So I've tried reading a USB device using the Transfer box but it doesn't seem to be working. I have a usb device with an .apk file in there, then I open APK Manager and press scan path and i've tried:
mnt/udisk1
udisk1
mnt/sdisk/udisk1
all of the above but with udisk2 and nothing finds the apk file on the usbdrive. I either get no file warning or invalid folder. Is there any idea how I can actually be able to copy an apk into the device because what the point of developing an android application if I can't use it in the device.

Also I'd like some pointers on how I can replace the Android OS with a linux or even lower android version to see if in those cases I can use the usb device. Thanks.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
AtomR

P.S. I still haven't tried the microSD card slot because I don't have a microSD at the moment. Hopefully that will solve it.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Sounds like the learning curve is kinda steep... :rolleyes:

See if it has an app called MyPad... it will give you a filesystem-type access to TF cards or usb devices that have files on them.
Then you can install directly from USB by double-tapping on the file.
May be one tap... senility sets in early these days! :p

Oh... make sure the USB is FAT, FAT32 (possibly ex-FAT ?) only... it will likely not be read with any other FS on it...
:D

AtomR

Apr 12, 2012
Sounds like the learning curve is kinda steep... :rolleyes:

See if it has an app called MyPad... it will give you a filesystem-type access to TF cards or usb devices that have files on them.
Then you can install directly from USB by double-tapping on the file.
May be one tap... senility sets in early these days! :p

Oh... make sure the USB is FAT, FAT32 (possibly ex-FAT ?) only... it will likely not be read with any other FS on it...
:D

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

There is indeed a MyPad but it doesn't find any USB drives. I have, since my last post, aquired a microSD and that one was detected and mounted imediatelly. Managed to install a few test apps I made just to test.
I have now tried USB pens and even a direct usb cable from the tablet to my pc and nothing is detected, either on the tablet and the pc. According to this tablet's distributer here in my country they say it usually just requires we insert the usb disk and it detects automatic and that if you connect to the pc you can access the tablets flash drive as any ordinary drive so I think the usb adapter is faulty.
I'll have to find a way to exchange the adapter to make sure it's faulty or not. Unfortuantelly our application will require a usb device inserted to work properly so it's really not an option to not have it working.

On an unrelated note, I've read somewhere that this pad doesn't support OpenGL ES 2.0 but I made a test app that specifically set the renderer to OpenGL ES 2.0 and the app worked. Does that mean that 2.0 is indeed suported or does it automatically use OpenGL ES 1.0 since i'm not using any 2.0 only function?

Thanks
AtomR

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, there may be in settings a way to see if usb host is set for data input or external device such as kbd , mouse etc. Or you may be able to change settings to read ext data.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

AtomR

Apr 12, 2012
Hi, there may be in settings a way to see if usb host is set for data input or external device such as kbd , mouse etc. Or you may be able to change settings to read ext data.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Not that i've found any.

I have a bigger problem now. On my test applications I managed to create an app that is fullscreen, starts on boot and disables the home and menu keys. I was really happy with this because it's what my boss needs our app to do so that no one has any other access except the application since the tablet will be exposed to the public. But now I can't access anything else (stupid me). I know I should've done an exit key on my app but I didn't :S How can I enter recovery mode on this tablet? I've tried a few combinations but none of them works.

AtomR

Apr 12, 2012
Not that i've found any.

I have a bigger problem now. On my test applications I managed to create an app that is fullscreen, starts on boot and disables the home and menu keys. I was really happy with this because it's what my boss needs our app to do so that no one has any other access except the application since the tablet will be exposed to the public. But now I can't access anything else (stupid me). I know I should've done an exit key on my app but I didn't :S How can I enter recovery mode on this tablet? I've tried a few combinations but none of them works.

I followed the instruction on this video (
) and have now access to the flash drive inside my tablet. Where can I find an image of the original version of my tablet's flash drive (or a version that works). Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

emacho

Sep 24, 2011
I do not think there is a recovery mode for this model of these tablets. In fact there are many problems with the stock firmware that comes on the tablets. I recommend flashing a new rom. There are a few nice ones over at TechKnow. Specifically the TKT rom in the x210 rom problem forum. Sadly you will need an SD card and format it a speicial way.

As for the USB, try using the outer most usb socket as that is condsidered the primary usb port. In your filemanager look for a directory called mnt and see if the udisk is listed in there.

swordochaos

Jun 23, 2012
I have a simular Tablet and found in the ap store a file manager that does what you are asking, called X-plore best ap I have found. I was going through the same problem.

mobeenshaikh

Oct 9, 2012
i have same tablet my problem is when im on my tab its shows error system is failed to recover system is halted then i try micro sd boot flashing setup then extracting android data then creating failed and again error system is halted ?????any one plz help me

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I followed the instruction on this video (
) and have now access to the flash drive inside my tablet. Where can I find an image of the original version of my tablet's flash drive (or a version that works). Thank you.

If you dont first make an image of the TF card as it is, Id suggest you not do anything to it, and attempt a factory restore on it.
You have not provided any details about the design other than it is running 2.33, BUT,

Restore usually comes from a combination of <PWR> and <HOME> and <BACK>...
This being a BACK button on the front and a MENU on the same edge (?) as PWR...

Hold down <MENU> and <BACK> then press <PWR>. If it is able, AND CORRECT, it should say something about pressing the right keys for reset... at which time you would want to RELEASE <PWR> and <HOME>, then RE-PRESS <HOME>.

IF you have all these buttons, it is worth a try.

Please dont change ANYTHING on the card UNLESS you are able to make a RECOVERABLE IMAGE of it first! :eek:

Good luck! :D

Last edited by a moderator: