Installation Problem With Xperia Z Tablet

eguray9

Jul 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Can anybody help me how to install kit kat os on my xperia z tablet. At the moment I have 4.2.2 jelly bean and when click refresh software I am told evwry thing is up to date.

Could you please on this topic?

Many thanks in advance!
Erdal

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Your tablet will receive notification when new software is made available for download. Apparently, there is nothing right now, and so your tablet is up to date.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Erdal, congratulations on your Xperia Z tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Unfortunately. as mentioned, all you can do is wait and see if Sony puts out an update or not.

BTW When you get a chance, please go to your profile and fill in the Tablet / Device entry. That way folks will know which tablet you have without you having to tell them every time.

eguray9

Jul 3, 2014
Thanks a lot for both of you. What I dont understand is that on the website of sony it is written that os for xperia z1tablet is kitkat. Anyway I will wait;)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Welcome to the forum. Is your experia new? I really like mine and my wife likes hers as well. We haven't received notification of a kit-kat update either. Funny thing is, they do not all come at the same time. My wife had her 4.2 long before I did.

eguray9

Jul 3, 2014
Thanks a lot for your comment jbenham. Actually I bought a new but xperia z1 tablet. And havent received the notification yet. But it is written on Sony s website that 4.4 has already been available. Moreover I went to a store today and I saw a Z1 with 4.3 therefore notification must come. I also like my tablet but for I bought it those apps cannot be used only with kitkat. Therefore I am thinking to change to SAMSUNG.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Wow, I do not know of any apps that are restricted to just one OS. Samsung is good too, I hear.