Installed wrong Firmware meant for Onda V971 to a Onda 1.5 Ghz Vi40 V1 32Gig Help!

mudback

Dec 7, 2012
I have the Onda Vi40 1.5Ghz Dual Core 32 Gig (V1A00435)
I cannot get it to load the OS and I can’t put it in “recover mode”
I accidently installed the wrong firmware (specifically) the Onda V971 Dual Core Android 4.1.1_V2.0 Firmware the Process hit 69% and bombed now the Tablet will not boot and I cannot put it in recovery mode
The device will turn on BUT The Android Icon will briefly appear like it is going to boot then the unit shuts down and repeats that cycle.
I tried to install the correct firmware using “LiveSuit” but the USB Device (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) that the program uses to communicate to the Tablet has the Yellow exclamation point and states that windows cannot start the driver.(I have tried it on Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 7 both have the same issue) Since LiveSuit only uses that driver I cannot use the “LiveSuit” to install the correct image. The Program that installs the V971(Wrong) firmware can install files on the device BUT it does not use an Image file, so I can’t use point it to the correct image file. I do know that the USB Driver that V971 firmware I installed can and Does talks to the Tablet because when I connect it the device shows up as a “WorldCup Device” and I can go through the process of installing (The WRONG firmware).

Please Help

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I have the Onda Vi40 1.5Ghz Dual Core 32 Gig (V1A00435)
I cannot get it to load the OS and I can’t put it in “recover mode”
I accidently installed the wrong firmware (specifically) the Onda V971 Dual Core Android 4.1.1_V2.0 Firmware the Process hit 69% and bombed now the Tablet will not boot and I cannot put it in recovery mode
The device will turn on BUT The Android Icon will briefly appear like it is going to boot then the unit shuts down and repeats that cycle.
I tried to install the correct firmware using “LiveSuit” but the USB Device (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) that the program uses to communicate to the Tablet has the Yellow exclamation point and states that windows cannot start the driver.(I have tried it on Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 7 both have the same issue) Since LiveSuit only uses that driver I cannot use the “LiveSuit” to install the correct image. The Program that installs the V971(Wrong) firmware can install files on the device BUT it does not use an Image file, so I can’t use point it to the correct image file. I do know that the USB Driver that V971 firmware I installed can and Does talks to the Tablet because when I connect it the device shows up as a “WorldCup Device” and I can go through the process of installing (The WRONG firmware).

Please Help

Have you the easy root thread to see if it boots from a .aml file?

mudback

Dec 7, 2012
Have you the easy root thread to see if it boots from a .aml file?

No I have not seen the easy root thread is it poss to post a link to it .. I am new to the site and don't really know how to find things yet. A link to the post would help me a lot. I really miss my device.. :(

pescadorsp

Dec 1, 2012
I have same model as you, I already briked it and used this way to recover:
Download the Firmware 1.5.5 at onda site:
ONDA
Extract the file, there is a .doc in Chinese, use google translator to translate the instructions.
Baically you have to use the "USB-Burning-tool-SPI" to write back the boot loader. The tricky part is that the driver is recognized only in Windows 32bits, I used a computer with win7 32bit.

1. open the USB-Burning-tool-SPI (imageburning tool.exe)
2. Select "config => import upgrade file"
3. Select the Resource.Vi40D_v1.5.5.zip (extracted from the file you downloade from onda site)
4. Use a paper clip to press the reset key
5. Press the home key and insert the usb cable. If your computer doesn't seem to detect anything plugged in the USB, press the tablet power key (keep home kep pressed all the time)
6. When you computer detect a new hardware it will fail because there is no driver. Go to Windows Device manager, select the device with the yellow exclamation, select to update driver, select to manual install and point it to USB-Burning-tool-SPI\AmlogicusbBurningdriver\
7. No you probably can see that the Amlogicburning tool detect your tablet in one of the ports. Select "Erase Nand" and press start. It will erase all the crap that bricked the tablet.
8. Press reset with paper clip again, press home and connect the USB.
9. Un-select the "erase nand" and press start. You will see at the status window that it will start writing and erase a bunch of stuff especially the boot loader or uboot.
10. It will probably fail in the end, but the good news is that now your tablet is capable to update trough the SD card.
11. Copy the firmware 2.0 files extracted from what you can download in onda site to the SD card.
12. Hold home key and press power, it will start the firmware update. JB update usually fails, but even if it succeed, you always need to just to repeat the SW update again.
13. Switch off, press home key, power and let it update the same JB firmware 2.0. This time it will work.
14. Great you recovered your device. Now you can follow this thread to root it:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...all-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware.html
15. And follow the instructions in here to fix the Play store to show all apps:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware-9.html

mudback

Dec 7, 2012
1st .. I would like to Thank you so very much for taking the time to write, and to help me out with my Bricked tablet.
I hope even it this is not your thing that U feel what I will say next or at least take it as the only think that I know to say to come some where close to how I Feel about your taking your time to help me... God bless you and your whole family! From the bottom of my Heart I thank you.
I will follow your instructions to the Letter

Peace and Grace

Thanks so much

mudback

Dec 7, 2012
I followed your steps and the Device is working with .. Jelly Bean 4.1.1 installed ... I cannot Thank you enough!!!

You embody the soul of the Internet by helping another person on the other side of the Planet. Without your help I would not have been able to fix my device.

Peace and Blessings

Tadeas

Jun 2, 2013
Hello! I've got similar problem, however, vice versa. Let me tell you what happened. I downloaded the wrong firmware to my ONDA V971 and exactly the same thing happened. I assume this procedure can work for me as well - all I need to do is use the correct firmware package (this one: V971Core4_v3.0_v1.zip_??????|??? ??-?????)
Anyone can help me with that? Much thank you! Thanx a lot, I appreciate that

sakeel

Nov 27, 2013
Hi, I have a smilar problem, but have installed V971 V1 firmware on a V971 V2 version. I had again installed the correct version but it still doesn't switch on (no booting).
Any help how I can restart it.

Thanks