Installing driver for Cube U8GT - help needed

elod

Nov 14, 2011
Hi,

- downloaded the latest firmware package (version 1.04) from the manufacturer site.

- followed the instructions for installing the driver (shutdown the device, hold the M key and only then connect the USB cable to the PC)

- my PC runs Windows XP SP3

- the device identifies itself to the PC as a USB mass storage, but I managed to overcome this by enabling debugging mode (on the device settings)

- Whenever I use the driver installation wizard and points it to the location of the driver (rockusb.inf) I get an error message: "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software driver"

- So I end up with a "CUBE" device under "Other devices" in the Windows Device Manager. Furthermore, the firmware update tool doesn't seem to fully recognize the device and fails to upgrade the firmware.

I searched forums and websites for several hours but failed to come up with a solution.

Please could anyone advise ?

elod

Nov 14, 2011
problem solved.

It turns out that you must do full "shut down" of the device (not just 'suspend'). This allows the driver to install properly.

The support from Cube was helpful to resolve this case.