Installing Updated Appslib on a MID7015 Tablet.

wppracing

Dec 26, 2010
I got an answer from appslib.com and they are working on a fix. But said to update the appslib . I have tried to do it 2 times and cant get it to work. How do you get to the file manager?

Here is what they said
Hello,
Our apologies for the problems you have encountered with AppsLib these past few days. The extra traffic we received from tablets given as Christmas presents was a lot more than we expected and caused problems on our servers.
If you update to the latest version of AppsLib you should no longer have any problems.
You can either update from within AppsLib (in the ‘my apps’ section) or by downloading the latest version that you can find here: http://appslib.com/download/index.html
Thank you
The AppsLib Team

roxx727

Dec 28, 2010
The page linked above shows that the new version is only compatible with Archos tablets. Has anyone done this on a Coby MID7015 with any success? Can you get to the appslib right now?

CReynolds

Dec 29, 2010
Hello,
I did the firmware update from Coby as well. Seems to be running fine. Sunday (12-26) I attempted the update for appslib and it just went to a blank screen. I had to uninstall it. From another post on this forum, I attempted the Applib update from the webite (from the browser on the 7015) and it installed and is running fine. I have down loaded two apps thus far and it seems to be wokring properly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
CR

drleiter

Dec 29, 2010
I am also having the same issues and received the same response from appslib support. Appslib recommends uninstalling the original appslib before installing the new version. Following Coby's instructions to remove apps through the managing apps directory does not work as it shows that no 3rd party apps are installed. To install the new .apk file appslib direct you to transfer it to your download folder and to install it from the file manager. I am not finding a "download folder" or "file manager" anywhere on this thing.

Update....I installed the update from the browser on the the 7015 and it seems to be working fine.....GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

Last edited:

drleiter

Dec 29, 2010
Did you have to register with applib to get the full menu of apps of just skip that part? I am just wondering what model to use since Coby is not on their list. It also tells you to register your Archos through Archos if you use that option.Seems like Coby should have got these issues worked out before this thing hit the market...thanks for your help.

sooners2win

Dec 29, 2010
I also updated my wifes via browser, when open file it will say this is system file "would you like to replace" proceed with install and all will run fine

wppracing

Dec 26, 2010
I also downloaded a file manager from google. Then installed the appslib update and it is working fine.......