iPhone 4 wireless hotspot connection problem.

Reddy

Apr 9, 2012
Hi guys. Got myself my first android tablet. It's an ainol aurora. I have a problem. I can't connect to my iPhone 4 wireless hotspot. The hotspot is fine as my MacBook can detect and connect to it but the tablet just can't seemed to be able to detect the network. Other random networks in the area is visible though. Can some kind souls direct me or I'm afraid this tablet will be a white elephant as the main purpose of getting the table it for my web surfing via my ikhone hotspot. Thank you

Reddy

Apr 9, 2012
I am having the same problem did you ever find a way to fix it?

Nope.. It seems that it doesnt work with only the Android 4. A Samsung mobile phone with android 2 and another tablet with an older Android version were able to see the iphone 4 hotspot network. So i guess it is just the compatibility between Android 4 and iPhone 4 wireless hotspot. Hope someone find a fix to it.

Reddy

Apr 9, 2012
I am having the same problem did you ever find a way to fix it?

Hi there i managed to find a fix. go to itunes and rename your iphone. make sure there is no special character like hyphen or apostrophe. keep it simple. hope it helps. i think android dont read some of the apple fonts hence cant detect the network.
cheers