Is a tablet right for me? Audio/Video playback

Devaclis

Jun 9, 2011
I am looking for a tablet that allows me to do the following:

1. Stream video and music over a local area network, that is stored on my server.
  2. Connect to an external audio device such as headphones or speakers.
  3. Playback video and audio from wesites such as youtube or internet radio stations.
  4. No phone, just wifi.
  5. Maybe USB support for transferring vids/pics/movies
Basically, I want to connect this in my garage and stream music and video from my home network or the internet. Alternately, I want to be able to connect this to my outdoor speaker system to provide entertainment at parties.

I have been doing all of this with smaller laptops (Dell D400) for years but I figure it is time for me to get with the times and go with a tablet. Do any of you experts out there have any suggestions? I am not looking at a $400 tablet. The cheaper and easier the better.

As this is my first foray into the tablet market I am asking a total noob question so please go easy on me :confused:

Last edited:

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Check out the viewsonic g-tab $250,
or at the higher end of the Market any of the honeycomb tablet will also cover all your need Price varies

amy822

May 20, 2011
According to your requirements, all tablet pcs with android 2.2 suit your need. Try PickEgg, the tablets there are quite cheap.