Is my NC Bricked?

sleibow

Nov 28, 2010
I will try and make this short. After a failed attempt to OC my Nook it now boots to ClockwordMod, nothing else. If I try to install anything it gives me an error message "cannot mount sdcard" I have been trying now for a week to get back to 1.01 with NO luck. I have tried the Hard button reset...no go, have tried boot interrupt 8 times....no luck. PLEASE someone I am at my wits end. Adding insult to injury, when I plug the NC into USB on my laptop it doesn't see it !!!!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I will try and make this short. After a failed attempt to OC my Nook it now boots to ClockwordMod, nothing else. If I try to install anything it gives me an error message "cannot mount sdcard" I have been trying now for a week to get back to 1.01 with NO luck. I have tried the Hard button reset...no go, have tried boot interrupt 8 times....no luck. PLEASE someone I am at my wits end. Adding insult to injury, when I plug the NC into USB on my laptop it doesn't see it !!!!

If you have CWR installed (and you do since it keeps rebooting into it) then the hard reset and 8 failed won't work because CWR overwrote the stock recovery. What you CAN do is download the 'Remove Clockwork' zip file, flash it via CWR, and reboot... THEN do the 8 failed boots to start over.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are you using a bootable SD card? If so did you remove it before trying to reboot? If not, is CWR installed internally? Have you tired verfying your downloaded OC kernel is correct (MD5)? Have you tried reflashing the OC kernerl or hopefully the nandroid you made before you tried to overclock?

You are far from being bricked. If nothing else, following this thread here will get you back on track http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html

sleibow

Nov 28, 2010
My special thanks to all of that responded to my cry for help, what an incredible community we are part of. Thanks to your help I am now back to the original OS and have upgraded to ver 1.1. Also running custom Nookie Froyo from sd card...the BEST of both worlds, thanks again everyone