Is my tablet WonderMedia Based ?

Kevinkdc

May 28, 2012
I have looked at the wondermedia devices and mine looks very similar, only difference is that it's 8 inch.

It's Skypad (from Skyworth) M5 and I think it's a china tablet and it has Android 2.1.

Skyworth is a well-known electric appliance maker. People has faith in their products. M5 is the first generation, a remarkable one in China's tablet market. It uses 8 inch multiple capacitive touch screen with built in bluetooth, wifi and 3G. Highlighted super thin shape makes you wanna take it with you everywhere.
lq.png
rq.png

An Android 2.1 operating system completes the mix (which will be 2 O.S upgrades out of date by the time it ships!).

44934799.jpg

CPURockchip RK2818, 660MHz, Dual Core(ARM+DSP)
GPUIntegrated chip
Operating SystemAndroid 2.1 Flash 10.1
RAM256MB DDR2
Storage4G Nand Flash
Storage OtherSupport TF card up to 32GB extended
Camera2.0 megapixels
Screen Size8 Inch
Screen Resolution800 x 600
Screen TypeCapacitive Touch Screen
Screen OutputHDMI
Video HD Support720P
Internet ConnectionsWIFI
Wifi802.11b/g/n
3GYes(external)
GPSNo
BatteryLi-Polymer 2350 mAh
Music around the statemore than 5 hours
About the video mode3 to 5 hours
Video formatsRMVB/MPEG/MKV/AVI/MP4/MOV/FLV/VOB/DAT
Music formatsMP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Picture formatsJPG, BMP, PNG, GIF
E-book formatsTXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2, EPVB
LanguageEnglish/Chinese
Screen calibrationSupport
Clock functionSupport
Calendar functionSupport
Remote control functionsBluetooth 2.1+EDR
G-sensor functionSupport
Transmission InterfaceUSB 2.0, OTG
Other functions None

I want to update to 2.2 or beyond mostly because i want the Adope flash player. I really think it can handle 2.2 since it launched with a 2.1 OS and at that time I think the OS was brand new.

Oh and btw I went to my settings and to "About your device" and there is no option for system upgrades.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
BTW I noticed in your post to another thread your concern over 103 Views and no Replies. To put that into perspective, consider this: Right now there are 38 lurkers for every member on the forum. Lurkers cannot reply. So in all probability only 3 people who viewed your post could have replied and it's entirely possible none of them could help. In fact, they may have viewed your thread because they're having the same problem. Also, it's a big Holiday weekend here in the States and many people normally on the forum are out enjoying the day with their families.

Kevinkdc

May 28, 2012
Thank you so much !! And sorry if I was a bit impatient. But is there indeed adope flash player supported for my device ? Can I update to 2.2 or/and beyond ?

I got my tablet like three hours ago. So I'm trying to find the best software if not the best hybrid for it. But I'm so scared I might do something wrong. I'm familiar with updating blackberries and Iphone's but this is another beast.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
But is there indeed adope flash player supported for my device ?

According to the description you provided, your tablet already has Adobe Flash installed on it.

Operating System Android 2.1 Flash 10.1

If you still want to update it, I'd suggest you contact Skyworth and see if there's anything available on their website. Also, click this link to the Rockchip RK2818 Tablets forum and look through the threads there to see if anyone has a ROM for your tablet. If there's nothing already there, that would be the place to ask if anyone has one for your tablet.

Personally, I'd just enjoy that tablet as it comes and only update it if the manufacturer provides the update. But that's me.:rolleyes:

Kevinkdc

May 28, 2012
Yeah I need to update to at least 11 so that I can stream movies online and play Angry birds.

Yea I already lurked around and I found a ROM but I'm having trouble installing it. I downloaded two ROMS, one on Skyworth and a custom rom and I've failed to upgrade any of those. I followed the instructions by putting the image file on the SD card and then removing the card, rebooting the MID and then inserting the card but then I get a "invalid firmware image, do you want to delete the file ?" error. Very frustrating. Any idea what I should do ?