Iview 760TPC Screen Problem

tomdom

Feb 5, 2013
Has anyone had this problem? After being off for a couple of weeks, I turned on my Iview 760TCP and the screen appeared upside down and in mirror image. If I put it up to a mirror, I can see what's there, but because it's also upside down, the touch screen acts as if it were correct. Let me try to explain it a little better. If there are three icons next to each other, say A B & C, and I want to select C, I would have to tap A and the C icon would register the click. If there are more then 3 icons, I have to try to deduce which one to tap to get the desired tap. Even this is useless since I need a mirror to read the screen.
I have a feeling this has something to do with whatever sensor is used to convey what position the tablet is in. This might explain the upside down image, but not the mirror image.
I was able to update the firmware despite this problem, thinking that might straighten it out, but it didn't.
Let me further explain that nothing physically happened to the unit since it's previous use. It didn't get dropped or anything else that might jar it. It just acted this way when it was rebooted and still does.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Is there a way to restore the unit to it's factory defaults?

I'm at my wits end!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

tomdom

Feb 5, 2013
I fixed it, though I'm not sure what I did.
I hooked up the HDMI to my TV, and even though the tablet was still backwards and upside down, on the TV it was correct. I fiddled with the tablet, tapping everywhere on the settings screen, and I must have tapped the right thing, because all of a sudden the screen came up correct.
I'll never know what happened....

ParkerV

Feb 7, 2013
I think the display has some problem and it's better to replace it. Unless if you don't want to replace the display try to root it.