Iview 795TPC Black Screen After Recovery Mode Attempt

notevirus7

Apr 28, 2013
I just wanted to root it so I tried recovery mode using volume buttons + power button or volume up + power button

tried 4-5 attempts and it just turns on and off until it wont turn on anymore.

also, i've noticed on a bright room or if I point out a flash light to the tablet, the screen is dark green and if I press and hold the power button for 3 sec, it turns black.

It also turns black if I connect the charger.

If the screen is black, pressing and holding the power button at 10 seconds will turn the screen dark green again.

Im guessing that the tablet is on when it's at complete black and off when it's dark green.

Please help me.. i've been trying to fix it for the past few weeks. still no luck :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is a good company, go to their website get the firmware fot your device and flash it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

notevirus7

Apr 28, 2013
This is a good company, go to their website get the firmware fot your device and flash it.

well i've tried finding my firmware but they don't have my tablet's firmware.

the closest one is 792TPC

I wanted to try flashing it with different firmware but im afraid it might brick my tablet completely :eek:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
well i've tried finding my firmware but they don't have my tablet's firmware.

the closest one is 792TPC

I wanted to try flashing it with different firmware but im afraid it might brick my tablet completely :eek:

Ok, you may to to contact their support to get the firmware.

Anyway you did nothomg to the tablet? you say you wanted to root, How was you doing that?
Does the tablet have a reset button? sometimes this is just a small hole, that one puts a paperclip into,

I have never seen this tablet but from a picture on newegg it appears it does have a reset button on the side.

Last edited:

notevirus7

Apr 28, 2013
Ok, you may to to contact their support to get the firmware.

Anyway you did nothomg to the tablet? you say you wanted to root, How was you doing that?
Does the tablet have a reset button? sometimes this is just a small hole, that one puts a paperclip into,

I have never seen this tablet but from a picture on newegg it appears it does have a reset button on the side.

Well. I tried going into recovery mode by pressing and holding the power + volume up button. then nothing happened, it just turn on then off.

tried holding power + volume down, still the same and also with both up and down volume buttons + power until it no longer turned on.

the tutorial i was following says i needed to enter recovery mode before rooting with the zip file so that was the plan.

at the iview's support, I tried to email them but they still won't reply at me.

Tried using a needle from the two holes on the tablet, still not working. im DOOMED :eek:

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
nope i dont have any sd card. the memory I was using was just the internal NAND flash.

I don't know then, if I had this tablet in my hand I could tell you how to fix it, but without ever seeing this tablet, I am just guessing.
Anyway hopefully you will get a response from iview soon.
Good luck.

notevirus7

Apr 28, 2013
no worries mate, thanks for the effort. at least you've tried. really appreciate it :p

here's some more info, I went to a local repair and he said that the problem was the LCD. but i couldnt believe it since I didn't even drop the tablet or done anything inside the tablet

Also, I used different programs like wipe rom easy, and android multi tools from gsm forum. still no luck.

I also bumped into different threads in google were they said I need to drain or remove the battery then put it back after a minute or so, still not lucky.

Overall, the last thing I couldn't believe for my tablet is why it got bricked or broken for just trying to access recovery mode O_O