Jelly Bean Feature: A Buttery New Home Screen Launcher

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Jelly Bean Feature
A buttery new home screen launcher

Following its total re-vamp in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Google has spent the past six months fine-tuning the stock Android launcher in version 4.1, Jelly Bean. A couple of changes to the way icons and widgets are added and managed, in addition to some serious speed improvements, make for a much more usable launcher in the new version of Android.

Firstly, home screen elements now intelligently move and resize each other to fit into the allocated space on the home screen.

Jelly Bean also introduces a neat new gesture for removing unwanted icons and widgets from your home screens -- when you've got them selected by long pressing, you can throw them away by flinging quickly towards the edge of the screen.

The second big launcher change in Jelly Bean is probably the most noticeable -- the improvement in speed, as part of what Google's dubbed "Project Butter".

For a complete walkthrough of the new and improved Android 4.1 Jelly Bean launcher on the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7, check out our hands-on video.

logo.png

Source Review and Thanks: AndroidCentral

Last edited by a moderator:

Aadamgibson

May 16, 2012
Jelly Bean is the fastest and smoothest version of Android. It feels fast, fluid, smooth and Moving between home screens and switching between apps is effortless.

kichkichkich

Jul 31, 2011
agree :) though I can't use it..I had it installed in my phone but some apps won't work so I'll revert back to ICS