Joining the club...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010
Picked up one of these this morning at Staples, and am currently waiting for it to charge.

Seems to weigh about the same as my WPDN, but the size is relatively HUGE. I'm just not sure that I'm liking 10" form factor at all.

Camera seemed to be Okish on the store's demo unit.

TapnCrap was as slow and sluggish as I was led to believe.

WiFi was doing funny things in the store too, connect-disconnect-reconnect several cycles before it finally locked with a stable connection full bars. Web browser was really nicely fast, and all the usuall pinching, squeezing, and other fondling seemed to work well in that.

Auto-rotate was behaving oddly at one as in it wasn't rotating, but then it suddenly started working later. We actually went to check the settings to see if it had been turned off, but it hadn't been.

Screen looked nice, but the viewing angles are pretty crappy.

I'll post more once I've had a chance to use mine and provide some comparison(stock fw first) v. WPDN & what I remember of the GT78. Probably won't be able to do it until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

jprompt

Nov 28, 2010
Bought mine yesterday at ABC Warehouse in Holland MI. 375 price. I would like an easy way to load aps on the unit. It is a little scary for non-tech to start working with word like ROOT etc. (if you mess it up you may lose the machine) Dont like the sound of some of those comments. I like the look and feel. Seems to work fine when using it as a straight netbook replacement.

popezaphod

Nov 19, 2010
It is so much better once you root and install a custom ROM.

-=Sent from my ViewSonic G Tablet using Tapatalk=-

Status
Not open for further replies.