JoyTab Tablet Problem

eddiefisher

Oct 28, 2014
Hi if I complete this thread without making a hash of it ,it'll be a first,my wife bought me a tablet about a year ago and I think it has a mind of it's own.I can't seem to get the hang of it.At the moment it has a big black line down the middle of the screen,I think it was Avast anti theft when I deleted all of Avast but never mind.So hello to you all and may your brain not be cooked like mine.cheers and help.Ed

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It doesn't sound to me like removing AVAST would have caused a line to appear in the screen. Does it ever go away?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ed, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

eddiefisher

Oct 28, 2014
Welcome to the forum

It doesn't sound to me like removing AVAST would have caused a line to appear in the screen. Does it ever go away?

No it never goes away it's from one end of the screen to the other and it's growing into a blob at one end.Cheers Leeshor

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiefisher

Oct 28, 2014
Hi Ed, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.
Thank you Spider I am pretty clueless although I changed my daughter's battery on her Nexus[wow] but apps and software I am hopeless.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2)~01.jpg

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm thinking you may have a hardware issue. The best way to tell would be to copy your media/data off the tablet and do a factory reset.

eddiefisher

Oct 28, 2014
I'm thinking you may have a hardware issue. The best way to tell would be to copy your media/data off the tablet and do a factory reset.
Hi Leeshor, I've already done a factory reset but my sad face didn't smile when I booted up,still the same stupid black line.Update on the line,it is very slowly growing thinner and migrating to one end of the screen and forming a black[surprisingly]blob,the little git,kind of lozenge shape.Cheers Leeshor

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I get the impression it either needs a repair or you need to plan on a new tablet purchase. ;)

eddiefisher

Oct 28, 2014
I get the impression it either needs a repair or you need to plan on a new tablet purchase. ;)
I may end up giving it the Birmingham screwdriver as it's doing my nut,tried titanium to root it out but my Joy Tab [that's a laugh] isn't rooted,ran a few scans with the anti virus,all clear it says,but there is something there and it's not a screen burn as the line is getting slightly smaller and the screen is clear when the line has moved. I assume you havn't come accross this little black monster yet.Cheers Leeshor.Ed

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Renamed and moved here from New Member Introduction for more appropriate exposure..