Just bought a Coby Kyros 7022 for my daughter for Christmas, came with wrong USB

Arainais

Dec 1, 2011
For whatever reason, the wrong USB cord and the wrong USB to Mini USB cord were sent with my unit. What type of USB port do I need and where can I find one?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
AFAIK they are normal cables, you just need one with the normal USB connector in one end (to use with a computer) and another one with a female (OTG) connector for peripherals.

Arainais

Dec 1, 2011
I understand what you are saying, but I don't know what sort of end it needs to have. They sent a mini usb cable, but it does not fit the device. The port looks more like a micro usb cable, but it's bigger than the micro usb that my nook uses.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Aren't you trying to use the HDMI typeC port instead of the mini USB?

Arainais

Dec 1, 2011
no, I'm trying to use the USB port that is directly to the left of the HDMI port. It is the first port from the left on the bottom of the tablet.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
If it was me I would take it back to exchange it, that sounds like a quality control issue with the port on the device itself Arainais. Welcome to the Coby forum on the board! Glad you could join us. I hope you're able to find a resolution to this problem, but if the cable they sent with it doesn't fit the device my guess is it's a problem with the port on the device. A mini-USB cord should fit it.