Kyros USB Host + device list

sssuhl

Feb 7, 2011
Jair2k4 - its 1.5 inches thick when folded. Fully opened its 11.75 inches tall x 9.0 inches wide - folds in half equally of course. It has 3 plastic tabs that do decent job of holding it in. It has magnetic clasp to keep it folded. And a nice foldable "stand" in the back to keep the Kyros tilted up position while you're typing on it. Keyboard has a built in full usb that plugs into 7005 directly. Keyboard itself works just fine, but you can't get both hands on it completely, but definitely better than virtual keyboard. Kind of similar to a laptop keyboard. Since the 7005 comes screwed onto the provided case, I unscrewed it and replaced holes with velcro so that I could velcro the Kyros to the case while I'm using it and folded up/collapsed for extra hold. With the Kyros in it and folded up it feels and looks a lot like a standard paper notebook.

mur10

Mar 20, 2011
hi
i have a em71 tablet,my device don't recognize any usb device,i read this thread but i don't understand how to edit vold.conf file.
under \scii folder there are no file.
anyone help me?
thanks
regards

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
i just got a new digital camara took afew pics and decided to try and connect my camara to my mid7015 it read it as a mass storage device. so i looked in the file manager and i was able to get to the pics on the cam long press a pic and share it on facebook and twitter without a problem sweet

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Ratix

Mar 25, 2011
I
Hard drives
WD Onetouch external hard drive - depending on file system
Creative Vision M 60GB

Flash Drives
PNY Attache 4gb
Sandisk Cruzer Pattern 2gb
Sandisk Cruzer Micro 4gb
ADATA SD to USB adaptor (SD, MMC, Mini SD) - Any card will work in it, as long as it has the right file system!
Dane-Elec 512mb
Super Flash Drive 8GB USB stick
Patriot 32gb
Patriot Rage 8 GB USB stick
Transcend 8gb
SanDisk USB to SD card adaptor - Any card will work in it, as long as it has the right file system!
Hi, I'm new to these forums after lurking the past few weeks, and decided to join after finally purchasing a MID Tablet.
I just bought a Kyros 7015 today and after updating it am planning to test a few more USB devices out of the box. The list I have right now is

Sony PSP-3000 with 8gb Pro duo
Targus Generic usb hub
Older model Microsoft Intellimouse Optical Blue.
Seagate Freeagent Go 320 GB External USB HDD

If I can find more devices, i'll be sure to test them. Now a question based on the quote above directed to anyone who knows: Can someone clarify what is a correct file system to be using on this tablet? I am currently using a NTFS partition on my external. Thanks for your help.

Smee

Apr 2, 2011
Hi,

I have been curious for a while about connecting a USB keyboard so today, I plugged in an old Adesso wireless USB keyboard I use for my bedroom PC. The thing worked great. The trackball was a little weird though. This is the Keyboard I bought. It is model # WKB-3000UB. They still have it on their site. I might go out and buy one of those foldable keyboards though since that it just a little more portable.

Smee

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
We bought a foldable keyboard. It's a Sakar from Fry's in metro Atlanta. $13. It works. The "End" key closes TextEdit when I expect to go to the end of the line. A few issues like that. The four arrow keys are nice to have. The feel of the keys is odd, takes some effort. We won't know until we travel and actually use it day to day for emails and web blogs if it's a keeper.

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
Has anybody had luck with a usb game controller for PC with the Kyros.
The reason im asking is because since the kyros has a resistive screen If we were able to use a usb game controller we could play the emulators for android

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Has anyone tried to use a USB-Ethernet adapter. Some hotels still provide wired access only.

FMORA

Apr 2, 2011
MID 7015

MODEM 3G USB ZTE MF626 - Reboot the device instantly
Bluetooth USB Generic Silicon Wave - Nothing happen
TP-LINK USB WIFI Adapter TL-WN712N
(trying to get better wifi reception XD) - Nothing happen

WAIT LIST:
USB Joypad XD
Kingston 16gb Data Traveler USB Drive
Webcam SatelLite
VenMax Generic USB Keyboard