Kyros USB Host + device list

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
I already bought a gender changer locally,which just cause a dollar. It was a USB AF female to 5P mini USB male,its not as slim as the original but it do its purpose.

Sent from my 7015/7015A HONEYCOMB V10.5-B15MP ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 28, 2011
Hey guys! I have a cheap keyboard I picked up at menards on Black Friday for about $12. It a wireless keyboard mouse combo. I wanted it because it was a very cheap wireless keybord and wnated one for my laptop. Also it doesn't have the huge tall keys that u have to push down far, just like a laptop keyboard but farther spaced out like a desktop keyboard.I got my tablet yesterday and messed arond with it for a while. Then 2day I messed around a little more. I plugged this keyboard in and it lagged a little at first, and idk if it was the tablet or the transmitter, but it put exactly what I said down!!!! I was so suprised!!!!!! I am a relatively good typer on this device but wanted to get a keyboard for faster typing, but now I kno this one works I will not have to waste money!! It is a little laggy typing on this keyboard rather than the screen one but it keeps track and puts down everything you type. I just typed this whole thing on the keyboard and it worked good!! The spelling errors are mine and not the keyboard. I was in a hurry to type this!! I do nt think they make these keyboards anymore, but if they do and I see one I will pick one up so I got 1 for my cmp and my tablet!! I will post a pic of it if anyone wants to c it!

iridiu192

Apr 6, 2011
My tablet is working with:

1. Wireless combo Logitech MK250 (no cursor, didn't find back key on keyboard yet)
  2. Wireless Logitech VX Revolution mouse (no cursor)
  3. USB 2.0 8GB stick Kingmax
And my tablet is not working with:

1. ZTE sim type usb modem (RDS) - tha tablet resets instantly.
*About the 3G internet usb modem this is very interesting. In my hometown (brasov - romania) there is a company that sells re-branded coby-kyros MID7015 as Allview Alldro. LINK: http://www.allviewmobile.com/products/droseries/droseries-list/alldro-4gb-3g-dongle/description.html They say it is produced in china but the firmware is custom made by them. The interesting fact is that there firmaware is compatible with 3G usb modems that accept different 3G SIM available in romania (includding RDS ones). The conclusion is that the tablet supports 3G modems over USB but not with the default kyros firmware.

Dec 13, 2010
does anyone know if you can upgrade the internal hard drive on the KYROS? I want to put more games on my tablet but can't since the hard drive is only 4gb. Or save my games on the SDCard and not on the internal memory? thanks for your help

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
Try link2Sd there is a sticky topic regarding this, I' ve been using that before I migrated to 2.3 OS.

Sent from my KTZ 7015A GINGERBREAD V20.1-GB27 ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
My tablet is working with:

1. Wireless combo Logitech MK250 (no cursor, didn't find back key on keyboard yet)
  2. Wireless Logitech VX Revolution mouse (no cursor)
  3. USB 2.0 8GB stick Kingmax
And my tablet is not working with:

1. ZTE sim type usb modem (RDS) - tha tablet resets instantly.
*About the 3G internet usb modem this is very interesting. In my hometown (brasov - romania) there is a company that sells re-branded coby-kyros MID7015 as Allview Alldro. LINK: http://www.allviewmobile.com/products/droseries/droseries-list/alldro-4gb-3g-dongle/description.html They say it is produced in china but the firmware is custom made by them. The interesting fact is that there firmaware is compatible with 3G usb modems that accept different 3G SIM available in romania (includding RDS ones). The conclusion is that the tablet supports 3G modems over USB but not with the default kyros firmware.

Maybe there is just a software preloaded with it, I' ve seen on other brands such as wonderpad that they have a 3G modem settings app installed that controls them.

Sent from my KTZ 7015A GINGERBREAD V20.1-GB27 ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 28, 2011
Hey guys, here is what I got working.

Sandisk cruzer 8GB flash drive. I also have a 4GB and figured it worked too.
Wireless keyboard mouse combo (as posted before in another post) (no mouse cursor)
Logitech M305 wireless mouse (no cursor)
DELL wired L100 Keyboard
Also the tablet will link to an Xbox 360 and ask to mount like a comp.

What is not working:
Bluetooth usb adaptor iogear
Kodak camera link (still expermenting)

sercero

May 20, 2011
Hello,

I thought that any SD card would work, but with stock Android Eclair 2.1 I had no luck with the following: Kingston microSD SDHC 8GB, Class 4.

dmesg shows the following error: "mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card".

The card works flawlessly in a BlackBerry Curve 8520 and in a netbook with the SD adapter.

The Kyros SD reader works fine with a 2GB microSD card.

joabfarias

Jun 9, 2011
Hello, everyone.

I am new to the forum, but I have read a lot of topics here before.
I am trying to use a USB Joystick (The Leadership Group), and I see that there are changes in the following directories:

/proc/bus/input
(The file "devices" shows the additional lines:
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0079 Product=0011 Version=0110
N: Name="USB Gamepad"
P: Phys=usb-DWC OTG Controller-1/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/dwc_otg.0/usb2/2-1:1.0/input/input9
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event2
B: EV=1b
B: KEY=3ff 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=100 1f
B: MSC=10
)

There are also changes in the directories /proc/bus/usb/002 (the file "009" appears) and /dev/input/ (the file "event2" appears).

Does anyone know a way to redirect the input of the gamepad to the keyboard, making it more simple to use the gamepad?

Thanks in advance.

periagoge

Jun 8, 2011
Hello all, so while I was showing off my tablet to a friend she dropped it on the floor which shattered the touch screen. Since I bought it with Amex I was covered, got the money back and now awaiting a new unit. I decided that since it had HDMI and Netflix, it would be pretty cool as a small home media device once hooked up to my tv. The problem is that I need to get it working with keyboard and/or mouse. Now I can hook up a usb keyboard and it works but I don't know how to pass the lock screen. I searched online quite a bit and cannot find a solution. Have you guys been able to pass the lock screen with some usb or wireless device. I wonder in particular about the possibility of using the trackpad on mini keyboard like this one: Amazon.com: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad (RT-MWK01): Electronics

It would also be nice if I could disable completely the lock screen. The problem is that I cannot use adb since I first need to pass the lock screen to put the Coby in storage mode so that it be recognized. Please help me put this broken Coby to good use!

joabfarias

Jun 9, 2011
Today I tested the above mentioned keyboard in my 7015. Surprisingly, the "Num Lock", "Caps Lock" and "Scroll Lock" leds did not turn on, and after pressing "Caps Lock" the letters continued to be in lower case. However, the intention is to use the keyboard circuitry to make a arcade joystick, so it does not matter now.
The Kyros rebooted immediately after plugging the keyboard, so the best practice would be to plug it with the tablet turned off.