Kindle Book

harleymama

Jun 12, 2011
Hi,

I will soon be a new owner of the Acer Iconia A500 tablet as well as the Android OS. I know there is a free Kindle Mobile app in the Android free apps website. There is an eBook that I wish to purpose for my tablet, but looks like it only plays on either a Kindle device (from Amazon), Nook/Nook Color device (from Barnes and Noble) or a Kobo device (iBooks - Apple). I will purchase this book from a totally different website.

If I download the free Kindle Mobile app from the site, will it be possible to then download the eBook and read it?

Thanks for the help! So much to learn!

KiwiNessie

May 9, 2011
You can definitely get a Kindle app from the Android market and enjoy your existing and future Kindle books.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I don't know....I know the Kindle app can download any Kindle books you buy on Amazon...that's where it gets your books from. I'm not sure you can import a book from some other source, however. I would say if you can import using the Kindle app on your PC, you can likely import on the Kindle app. Worth testing out to see if there is support for this feature ahead of time.