Kogan Agora tablet

Bloodrayne

Jun 8, 2011
Just got delivery of this 'new' machine. I am a noob to Android and bought it 'cos its cheap. Currently it is not performing as I desire, mainly because I cannot get it to go online. If anyone has seen the blurb for this machine (a patent Chinese knock off) it was originally supposed to come with 3G which rapidly degraded to plain wifi. I have not yet got it anywhere near the Cloud, oh dear. Ran out and purchased a Hauwei stickfrom 02. This does not work either. It lights flashing blue and I get indicator bars, but no connection to the net. I had intended, as this is a 'new' brand, to review this thing for all the unsuspecting and potential owners, but if I can't get it to function, thats pretty pointless! At the moment I can report that it looks nice,but thats about it. Appreciate all and any help - maybe I'm just dumb!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
can you provide any more technical details? OS Version, chip type, any info helps.

Bloodrayne

Jun 8, 2011
Machine details:EM73_SIS_GC2M_V2Kernel 2.6.35.7Build 20110516MAC Address 20:59:AO:17:B1:BADoesn't mean a thing to me!

Bloodrayne

Jun 8, 2011
I am currently pointing my index finger at my forehead and saying 'red' backwards!! What was I thinking. Naturally, amobile broadband dongle won't work as the Android system is not supported. Stupiddy, stuppidy. There's £35 down the drain. I am going to rewire my home net for wifi and use that initially. I'm a gamer and have it hard wired 'cos its quicker that way. If I feel the urge in the future I'll just buy a mifi dongle. More expense, eh?

enery8

Aug 7, 2011
I bought a Kogan Agora Tablet last week for my wife and we are quite impressed with it, except it arrived with the wrong charger/adapter. (it was an Autralian one!) Trying to get through to Kogan was initially VERY frustrating but I eventually managed that. Anyway, we are as stated above pretty impressed with the tablet itself, so much so we have bought another, so we have one each. The biggest problem for old folk like us is the lack of instructions. We have had to muddle through by experiment. If anyone has access to instructions we would be very grateful for any morsel of info. Incidentally, Bloodrayne, thanks for the tip about hard wiring home LAN, my laptop get very slow on wifi so I will give cat 45 a go. I will let you all know how we get one with our kogan agaras.

tuwairua

May 15, 2012
thanks Wendy I will check out the link. I have a 7" Kogan angora tablet but cannot get WIFI connection - I brought this in Australia too. I have a Telstra Elite WIFI device. The tablet cannot pick up the device - its very fustrating. I cannot enter the wireless security key on the tablet, there are not enough options. I've tried everything. Help

villageidiot

Nov 16, 2011
Just taken delivery of a 10" Agora and whilst I'm still finding my way around it, silver surfer group, I'm well impressed. Downloaded first app "tunein radio" now I can listen to radio stations all around the globe. One down many more to go.

visualagora7

Jul 9, 2013
Hi, I have a 7" kogan tablet...similar problems, I set up the router password but no luck trying to connect...however I noticed somebody on this site suggested unplugging the router and letting it reload then trying again...yes my tablet connects BUT only after going through this process every time...have you tried this method to see if it solves your problem.
pete