Kurio Touch Not Able to Connect to WiFi

DeborahBEE

Aug 18, 2014
We just bought the Kurio Touch for our son. I have checked and made sure I am using the right password, unplugged my router for 30 seconds, made sure I my router is on WPS not WEP and still it has authentication problems. I'm at a loss. What else couldn't be? Please help.
Thank you.

Welcome to the forum

WPA/WPA2 would be/work better and safer than either WPS or WEP. I have a link in my signature with suggestions for WiFi problems/issue because they are so common. See if something there helps.

I tried the list of trouble shooting hints, nothing worked. However it will connect to the towns library wifi. What to do, what to do....

I think you have an issue with your router. The first thing if you didn't do it already is to forget the connection with a tap on it and try connecting again. If you followed all the suggestions then it doesn't sound like your tablet is at fault so you may want to do a factory reset on the router. If it connects then you can try setting it up again.

You may want to also check to see if the router has a firmware update.

I was informed we don't have a router, we have a modem.....does that change anything? I had always thought we used a router. I also thought routers and modems did completely different things.

A modem can also be a router. It's probably just that one device so try restarting it.

If you are on cable that is typical.

Well I have restarted the modem several times. Not working. I have Direct TV. Old modem maybe?

Back