kyros 8024

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I saw something about also installing a GoogleServicesFramwork.apk along with market. Have you tried that?

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
Hello. I got my Kyros 8024 last week and I've been testing it so far. I couldn't install Market, but I found a post around the net and somebody showed how to install it without rooting. It worked fine, but then a second problem: after the installation, I was able to login to my account and start to see a lot LESS apps available for download. After a quick research, I found that according to Google's developers website, some apps will not be available if the Market verification "security" does not recognizes the android installed as "genuine". Did anybody else had the same problem?

I've noticed the same thing - I installed the recommended apk's to get the market to work, and it's working, but it still doesn't list some of the apps that I have on my android phone. Not sure why not, but I'd like to know if anyone finds out a fix for it.

qmartin1

Jun 28, 2011
I just received my 8024 and so far I love it although I have had trouble loading ebooks on it...found a roundabout way around it. having trouble finding accessories for it though.

stephifr

Jul 1, 2011
Scarface you can go to Download free Adobe Flash Player app for Android at Freeware Lovers and download the flash from your tablet. I used the version 10.2.156.12 on my 8024 model. Once downloaded you can click on it and press install. Good luck.

THANK YOU!!! I am new to the world of tablets and this is my first one. I was getting rather irritated at the fact that I couldn't find this. I'm also frustrated with the fact that I can't get anything from the market but I'm reading through this forum and trying to get it done. Thanks again!!!!

maneiro

Jun 26, 2011
Scarface you can go to Download free Adobe Flash Player app for Android at Freeware Lovers and download the flash from your tablet. I used the version 10.2.156.12 on my 8024 model. Once downloaded you can click on it and press install. Good luck.
Darkmo, graças a sua orientação consegui instalar o Adobe Flash Player no meu Tablet Coby 8024 estava tentando a varias semanas e sem exito. Muito obrigado mesmo pois sem sua ajuda nunca teria conseguido.
Um grande abraço e mais uma vez obrigado.

Peevoh

Jul 1, 2011
I have the MID8024 the battery life gets you about 5 1/2 hours is all I get out of it and that is playing around with it searching web playing angry birds and other junk just trying to see what it can do.
I am really enjoying this tab and trying to find what else I can do with it. I've read about the Ginger upgrade not sure I want to do that yet since everything is working fine.
I have Flash installed and the droid market with skype no video though.

Jul 3, 2011
I have the MID8024 the battery life gets you about 5 1/2 hours is all I get out of it and that is playing around with it searching web playing angry birds and other junk just trying to see what it can do.
I am really enjoying this tab and trying to find what else I can do with it. I've read about the Ginger upgrade not sure I want to do that yet since everything is working fine.
I have Flash installed and the droid market with skype no video though.

Where did you find this Gingerbread update you speak of? Does it require root? I'm getting my Koby Kyros 8024 sometime this week, and am researching root, and adding android market etc.

Peevoh

Jul 1, 2011
Where did you find this Gingerbread update you speak of? Does it require root? I'm getting my Koby Kyros 8024 sometime this week, and am researching root, and adding android market etc.
It is in one of the forums here it is under the unbrick your 7024 seems interesting but I might wait see if Coby pushes an update before I do anything major.

fotoset

Jul 3, 2011
Hello, I am new with tablets. I bought the mid8024 mostly to be able to read pdf's but I can not enlarge the text, I can not zoom on the documents. Can it be done? How?

Thanks for the Forum

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Hello, I am new with tablets. I bought the mid8024 mostly to be able to read pdf's but I can not enlarge the text, I can not zoom on the documents. Can it be done? How?

Thanks for the Forum

I don't know if is the best option but I use "ezPDF reader", to zoom the file in this app you have to click twice on the screen it will zoom in the column of text you are reading...

Peevoh

Jul 1, 2011
i have the 8024 pics are not the best sofar i just put my ebook on there wanted to know if it has flashplayer or nettflix or hulu type app as well as a webcam chat app
You can put flashplayer and netflix on it you need to get it from xda web site.

fotoset

Jul 3, 2011
I will try the ezPDF reader, I was able to download the Adobe reader and I can zoom as much as I want.Thanks a lot.

rosaljr

Jul 15, 2011
Where and how did you get netflix to install? When I go to android market and try to install it, it says incompatible.

rickio

May 14, 2011
In reply to some posts here. If you installed apps from a non market source it will not show up as a installed app in market. Also pre-installed apps do not show up. You will likely have to manually update them.
I installed flash player and netflix from market. The way to get market it is to use z4root and even if it does not root completely it is enough to enable Google Market, you need to install google services apk as well. google market is online just google for it. Thats how I found my copy.

I used z4root on my coby before I installed netflix and it works perfectly. I am not sure if its needed and I did it for another reason but then realized later that rooting it likely enabled it.

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
Hi Rickio, thanks for the info. Just a couple of questions: Did you use z4root on the 8024? It seems that most conversations on here are around the 7024. Also, the market that you got going, is it the full market with all apps? I was able to install the market using other recommended methods on here, but it certainly isn't the full one. A lot of stuff does not show up.