Kyros MID7015 crashes while in sleep mode

WMTOANDROID

Jan 28, 2011
My wife has had her 7015 for under a week now and several times she's said that the unit won't turn back on unless she resets the device. I've tried disabling wifi and running apps before putting the unit to sleep, but that hasn't helped.

She's also had the problem where the screen will turn on and off while the unit is in sleep mode, but I've been working on that one... the main problem is the crashing.

Any suggestions?

GotNet

Jan 1, 2011
Mine did that before I performed the Coby update. There is a thread on this fix. Hasn't done it since.

Sent from my MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
before just randomly suggesting an update, we need to know what build number of the system is on your wife's tablet. if you go to Settings -> About there should be a Build Number there.. could you please let us know what the section that looks like a date code is?

WMTOANDROID

Jan 28, 2011
The build code is MID7015 1.6a_20101124-3 and I updated her device the day she got it.

Joe442

Feb 12, 2011
Get the same here, no crash but screen will turn on and off while the unit is in sleep mode. How do I stop this?

code347

Feb 4, 2011
If you have Apps calling out for data...e-mail, weather, news, twitter...whatever, then you will see this error pop up more frequently. The recent upgrade (Not 7015A) Seemed to help with this, but what I found, it that if I turned of the push and data retrieval of my apps, then the frequency of these kinds of errors was greatly diminished. It does not seem that the Kyros ROM does an effective job at shutting down running apps.

Say for instance that you have a G-Mail Account and you set it to poll every 15 minutes. Well the KYROS will continue to do this even while in sleep mode, but it seems to have an issue with shutting the polling down after each instance, and so it remains open and then 15 minutes later another poll is tasked, it will result in an error. That is the best I can figure it anyway...so shutting down polling right now will probably take care of a lot of this and using the Advanced Task Killer* before sending your device to sleep will help keep all of those error down to a minimum until a fix can be found.

*I would also look at a process killer app - Advanced Task Killer is a good one.

I am thinking that Coby built its ROM around one designed for a phone, and the code at times chokes as it is not finding pathways to 3g, GPS functionality, and a couple of other things...

Last edited:

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
Lots of discussion about this in other threads. Softlocker solved it for me and my wife.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App