Lag with live wallpapers

Fett

Dec 29, 2012
When I set up a live wallpaper everything is a bit laggy why is this? On my Phone which is not as powerful can handle live wallpapers with no problem. Does it have to do with my tablet being wifi only?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When I set up a live wallpaper everything is a bit laggy why is this? On my Phone which is not as powerful can handle live wallpapers with no problem. Does it have to do with my tablet being wifi only?

I've seen that complaint before. It's not possible to compare live wallpaper on a phone to one on a tablet, 2 different screens and probably different processor, despite the speed spec.. It should have nothing to do with the WiFi. Try another wallpaper as it may be easier on your system.

Fett

Dec 29, 2012
I've seen that complaint before. It's not possible to compare live wallpaper on a phone to one on a tablet, 2 different screens and probably different processor, despite the speed spec.. It should have nothing to do with the WiFi. Try another wallpaper as it may be easier on your system.

But even with the default live wallpapers it lags shouldn't it not do that?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
But even with the default live wallpapers it lags shouldn't it not do that?

Probably not, but a lot depends on what else is going on on your tablet. You could try a factory reset. I would be surprised if it didn't start working better, but that's pretty extreme. No 2 tablets have the same apps running and there may be some other app that is sucking down the system. Maybe even an app you had uninstalled that left stuff in your system.

Fett

Dec 29, 2012
Probably not, but a lot depends on what else is going on on your tablet. You could try a factory reset. I would be surprised if it didn't start working better, but that's pretty extreme. No 2 tablets have the same apps running and there may be some other app that is sucking down the system. Maybe even an app you had uninstalled that left stuff in your system.

I got GTA 3 installed but if I were to do a factory reset would I lose all my data that was on GTA 3 or even GTA 3 period? Is there a way to disable GTA 3 from eating up memory or no?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I got GTA 3 installed but if I were to do a factory reset would I lose all my data that was on GTA 3 or even GTA 3 period? Is there a way to disable GTA 3 from eating up memory or no?

I don't know that GTA is the cause of the problem, however, you could go to settings - apps all, find GTA and tap it to see if there is an option to disable it. It probably isn't an available memory problem as much as a processor problem.