Latest software update for SYTAB10MT?

MikeOtown

Jul 17, 2011
I have done 6 or 7 system updates on my SYTAB10MT. Current Android version says DG2.2.1-10a2.

How can I found what the newest version available is and/or a list of fixes in these updates?

Are most people backing up their system before they do an update? (since it wipes out all settings, installed apps)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I have done 6 or 7 system updates on my SYTAB10MT. Current Android version says DG2.2.1-10a2.

How can I found what the newest version available is and/or a list of fixes in these updates?

Are most people backing up their system before they do an update? (since it wipes out all settings, installed apps)
Welcome!

The automatic update process does NOT work. The "6 or 7 system updates" all have been all have pulling the same file from the update server.

The latest known updates are described in post #5 in this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-sytab10mt-synet10lp-189-99-a.html#post102686.

The only noticeable change in the update was changing the Android version from DG3.20 which was confusing to users. There are two different hardware models of the SYTAB10MT, therefore there are two update files but except for the U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image they are the same. Using the incorrect update file (.ius) may cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet.

It seems most users are just wiping the device clean and restarting fresh. There are some commercial programs to backup but have limited success.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
MikeOtown - I e-mailed Digital Gadgets about this. After doing the update it said I had another update to download, so I did (wiping out all setings and installed apps...again) After it popped up the 3rd time, I decided to contact them because my Android Version did not change after the 1st upgrade. I'm at DG2.2.1-10a1. They said it was the latest version and the continual message that updates are availalbe is their mistake.

I have an older tablet (my hwvr is 11.6.1.5) so maybe that is why I am at Android Version 10a1 and you are at 10a2.

Do you have hwvr 11.6.3.1? It can be found just below your current Android Version under Hardware ID.

MikeOtown

Jul 17, 2011
Hardware ID 11.6.3.1

I did notice the Android version change a couple of times so hopefully they weren't all futile updates, but maybe I am maxed out at DG2.2.1-10a2.

I do notice that on the "Upgrade System" screen it says Current version: 10

and

http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.6.3.1&vcode=0

returns 11. So I guess that's why it think there is an update available.

On a completely different note, has anyone gotten Flash to work on these devices?