Le Pan TC970 30 pin connector

just2crafty

Dec 16, 2011
Hi!

I lost my 30 pin usb connector for Le Pan. Where can I get a new one? And the 30 pin connector for Ipod Touch isn't compatible with the Le Pan. I heard the samsung galaxy tablet 30 pin connector could be compatible...so I just ordered one via ebay. I am uncertain that it will be compatible.

Any suggestions or help please. I contacted Amazon, where I bought it from, they told me to contact Le Pan manufacturer...their customer service number is out of line. I left them a message, no answers yet. I called best buy, and that's where they told the samsung galaxy 30 pin connector would fit but the technicians wasn't 100% sure since he never heard of the Le Pan TC970.

Thanks guys

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Hi!

I lost my 30 pin usb connector for Le Pan. Where can I get a new one? And the 30 pin connector for Ipod Touch isn't compatible with the Le Pan. I heard the samsung galaxy tablet 30 pin connector could be compatible...so I just ordered one via ebay. I am uncertain that it will be compatible.

Any suggestions or help please. I contacted Amazon, where I bought it from, they told me to contact Le Pan manufacturer...their customer service number is out of line. I left them a message, no answers yet. I called best buy, and that's where they told the samsung galaxy 30 pin connector would fit but the technicians wasn't 100% sure since he never heard of the Le Pan TC970.

Thanks guys

Crafty - I read on XDA Developers that the connector for the Sandisk Sansa E-series MP3 player worked. So I ordered it from Amazon....They were right it fit but it did not charge or sync my device. So in other words don't try this one. I guess it's possible that it was defective but it was like $2.00 so I'm just going to trash it.

I know you can order the replacements on the Le Pan website..Click below. I have heard that they are good at replying to e-mail requests.

Replacement Parts, Services, & Cases

You will have to open up a "case" with them. The price is only $4.00... Definitly one of the downfalls with propietary cables. There was also a guy on XDA that "modified" a ipad cable and got it to work.... here is that link below

xda-developers - View Single Post - Root Achieved for Le Pan TC 970

He did, in a later post, confirm that it worked.

just2crafty

Dec 16, 2011
Crafty - I read on XDA Developers that the connector for the Sandisk Sansa E-series MP3 player worked. So I ordered it from Amazon....They were right it fit but it did not charge or sync my device. So in other words don't try this one. I guess it's possible that it was defective but it was like $2.00 so I'm just going to trash it.

I know you can order the replacements on the Le Pan website..Click below. I have heard that they are good at replying to e-mail requests.

Replacement Parts, Services, & Cases

You will have to open up a "case" with them. The price is only $4.00... Definitly one of the downfalls with propietary cables. There was also a guy on XDA that "modified" a ipad cable and got it to work.... here is that link below

xda-developers - View Single Post - Root Achieved for Le Pan TC 970

He did, in a later post, confirm that it worked.

Hey thanks man, I ended up modifying my ipod cable, in other words, chipping off a small piece of the side cable. It fits perfect. I can charge, sync, upload to microsd card. It's weird. Before modifying the ipod cable, I ordered a samsung galaxy cable from ebay, at the price for 1.8$, didnt receive yet but supposedly they are compatible.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Hey thanks man, I ended up modifying my ipod cable, in other words, chipping off a small piece of the side cable. It fits perfect. I can charge, sync, upload to microsd card. It's weird. Before modifying the ipod cable, I ordered a samsung galaxy cable from ebay, at the price for 1.8$, didnt receive yet but supposedly they are compatible.

You're welcome. Let the rest of us know if the Samsung Galaxy cable works also...It's always nice to have multiple options.

dctab

Sep 26, 2010

What small piece did you chip off? Could you describe what you did, and/or post a picture?

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

S87

Oct 10, 2010
$apple cable mod by XDA.jpgThe left side as referenced in this post

Still works as an Apple cable. You can get some for $1 at Dollar Tree which makes carving more appealing.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
you can buy new 30 pin connectors and chargers directly from Le Pan.
Accessories , Le Pan They are about $4 or $5 each. I bought a couple extra because I know I will loose one at some point. Plus I can keep a charger at work and one at home.
You have to go to support and open a parts request case.

I just noticed that frankthetank already covered this. Anyway, I did it. They came in about a week and pretty darn cheap.

Last edited:

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
The same 30pin connector works from a SanDisk Sansa MP3 player too. You can walk into Bestbuy and get one off the shelf, and I can definitely confirm it fits, no cutting. My wife had an old Sansa MP3 cord and I used it, fit perfectly.

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
The same 30pin connector works from a SanDisk Sansa MP3 player too. You can walk into Bestbuy and get one off the shelf, and I can definitely confirm it fits, no cutting. My wife had an old Sansa MP3 cord and I used it, fit perfectly.

You were able to get it to charge and sync? What model Sansa is it? Frankthetank said the Sansa cable he got didn't work, and the pinouts for the E-series that I found online seem to support that.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
You were able to get it to charge and sync? What model Sansa is it? Frankthetank said the Sansa cable he got didn't work, andp the pinouts for the E-series that I found online seem to support that.

This is true....it did not work out for me and also a couple others. I ordered the exact one that others had success with. Not sure why, it could be that they were defective. It fit perfectly, just didn't do anything. Not even if used with the Le Pan wall charger. Seems to be hit or miss for some reason.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
This is what you're looking for in the electronics area at Dollar Tree. I haven't seen any lately since word got out. My cut Dollar Tree cables work fine with the Le Pan and an iPod.
$Dollar Tree My Tunes by  Josh Smith.jpg

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks for the picture, S87. Amazing that you can get such a cable for a dollar. ;)

Got to look at the local dollar stores for any similar offering. The LePan original cable is a reasonable price, but shipping it is darn expensive to Canada ($20 shipping).

Good find. :)

Sandmonkee

Jan 21, 2012
Just to chime in, mine also worked with the Sansa connector. No modifications, it just slipped right in (albeit reversed) and started charging. The ones I have a for the Sansa E-250. But others have not had good luck.

But if you can get a working charger for a buck at the dollar store then that would be a no-brainer IMO. :rolleyes:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Looked at Amazon.ca, and there are various iPod/iPad sync and charging cables. Quality seems to vary, some people complaining, other happy. A reasonable one can be had for about $2.60, shipped.

A better cable can be purchased from Monoprice.com, found some nice ones, 6ft length, reviewers describing them as 'beefy, heavy duty' which is what I would like to get. Priced about 5 dollars, shipping to Canada adds another 5 dollars or so, so got to combine with other items.