Lenovo A2109 Boots Up and Goes to Booting Android Recovery and Nothing Else

Frybob

Apr 3, 2014
My tablet was running kind of sluggish the other day so I rebooted like I have done many times.
This time it booted and said booting android recovery. It now does this every time I reboot. I have tried doing a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache. I can't get it to boot into fastboot by holding down the vol - button and pressing power. I'm at my whits end. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. I can connect to my pc via adb though.

Thanks,
Bob

Frybob

Apr 3, 2014
I've tried that via the sd card as I can't get the tablet to boot to the fastboot screen. I haven't been able to get any roms to load.

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
If you can get into recovery, you should be able to install a ROM from there. If you install the stock 4.1.1 ROM, that should reinstall the fastboot bootloader.

Frybob

Apr 3, 2014
Yep, I just did that but the problem still persists. I get the rom installed and reboot and it boots right back to the android recovery screen.

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
You might also want to try reinstalling CWM recovery, just in case that it may have become corrupted.
That happened to me on one of my devices.

Did you install the actual Lenovo stock ROM or did you install a custom stock ROM like mcl630 stock debloated ROM?

Frybob

Apr 3, 2014
I installed the stock rom. I'm not sure how to install the CWM recovery as I'm not able to get into fastboot. Any ideas?

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
Do you still have adb access? Try booting to the bootloader/fastboot with adb... "adb reboot bootloader"
If it sticks then fastboot flash recovery.img

Frybob

Apr 3, 2014
I just tried that and it starts it get and error message and then it says closed. Please see the screen shot below.
$Error Message.jpg