Lenovo A2110 Stuck In APX Mode

dieter43

Jul 11, 2017
I have an medion s9714 / Lenovo A2110 A2109 thats stuck in apx mode.
Can somebody guide me how to unbrick this device ?
I have the stock rom of the device but don't know how to proceed.
No recovery menu is available on the device, but it is recognized in windows as an apx device.

Future_Bringer

Jul 12, 2017
Your best luck is bringing it to the service center. I have heard that we need a secure Boot key to get it from apx mode.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
At this link, it appears you can find a package that includes the nvflash update utility for A2109. Chances should be pretty good that it will also work for a2110.

A2109A_A404_02_00_120727_650_CN(PC升级).rar_免费高速下载|百度网盘-分享无限制

This package should contain some commands that should work in apx mode (i.e., nvflash). I'm looking at the files right now, and promising ones (for linux) are:

nvflash_cl2n_update.sh
nvflash_cl2n_update_secure_boot.sh

(cl2n is the codename for the system board of a2109 and a2110).

Windows batch files with similar contents appear also to be included:

nvflash_cl2n_update.cmd
nvflash_cl2n_update_secure_boot.cmd

I suspect that running one of these commands should be able to try and get into fastboot mode. After that, you can try booting a recovery and flashing a rom.

See also this thread:

stuck in apx mode

With many many thanks to @mangusta for sharing this!

mangusta

May 24, 2016
for those who want to return to the initial settings or locked in apx mode assures you that it works I tried several variants of rom and I returned to the initial settings. the sources keep them give the message and then I will generate a link. the order command that is running is nvflash_cl2n_update_secure_boot .cmd