A case of disaster recovery !

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
myzoo, where are you ?
I am going to have to hit the bed soon :)

Dave,

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
sorry Dave, I had vegan rc1 7.0, but have to redownload. thx for all your help the only thing I can not seem to find is a good link for the kernal.,
this can be finished on wed correct? I have sent some of the things to the file thru the usb. they shouls be ok correct.
once again thank you so very much
Jaye

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave it would not let me download Caulkins said due to cw 3.0 I had to edify to be able to zip, I also trird vegan rc1 7.0 and it aborted, it did an old version of Vegan waiting for boot up and will give you update in the a.m Thank you sooo much again Jaye

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
LOL, you are messing up again, dear !
STOP and read the following carefully !

DON'T :
1> Don't try anything until we discuss and agree on a good path to take.
2> Don't download any rom, kernel, or utility (like Calkulin Format) until we discuss. The ones you mentioned are NOT COMPATIBLE with your 1.2 bootloader.
3> Don't take any action until you understand fully.

If you want Vegan Ginger, then here is what you do:

DO:
a> Go to this link [ROM][BL1.2] Gingerbread Rom Collection for Bootloader 1.2 Gtablet\Zpad T2 - xda-developers, and download VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1(GB2.3.3, stable build): http://www.mediafire.com/?8xur9w9wh5i4j94 .
The file name is VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed-pershoot-bl1.2.zip. Then download gapps:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7yrr1b2sce6sw8l . The file name is gapps gb 20110307 signed.zip
b> Look at step 4 in post #13 above. Do it.
c> Look at step 5 in post #13 above, Do it with the new files that you just downloaded.
d> Look at step 6 in post #13 above. Do it with the file VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed-pershoot-bl1.2.zip.
When it completes, do it again with the file gapps gb 20110307 signed.zip

When both the flashings are done, select 'Reboot System Now" on the main menu.

Just do the above, nothing else, and get back.

Dave,

Last edited:

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave thank you so much, I am downloading all now. my Gtab is the 3588, as far as I know. so I am not sure if I have the 1.2 boot loader. It will boot now to orig tap and tap. I have set the wifi to never off. Other thn that I have stoped. I need to run at 10 edt, will be back I hope around 1500-1600.
When I get back I will follow your directions to the T
once again Thank you so much
Jaye

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
If you followed the instructions that I provided in this thread, then you are on 1.2.4349 stock rom, which is 1.2 bootloader.
Go to Settings ---> About Phone and tell me what rom version you have.
Don't do anything else until we are DEFINITELY sure what bootloader you have.

Dave

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave, Thank you again you are CORRECT!!!! it says tap ui 1.2.4349 Kernel 2.6.32.9.00001-g0e0c333-dirty build frf91

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you Mike, I just got started again. wilth all your help I hope I do not F-- up again. As a NOOB I think I know more than I do and then I get myself into trouble. It doesnt help that I am a real blonde. (haha). NO OFFENSE to any others !!! I'll tell you what working on aircraft is easier than a g Tab or PC.
Once again thank you all Jaye

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Dave, do I need to unzip any of these files first?
Do not unzip.
Boot into CWM.
Connect to PC.
Copy those two files to tablet.
Select 'install zip from sd card', select the rom, press the home button to flash it.
Then select 'install zip from sd card' again, select the gapps file, press the home button to flash it.
After the flashing is done, select 'Reboot System Now' . . . . . . DO NOT SELECT REBOOT INTO RECOVERY or the tablet will mess up BAD.

Dave

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave, please let me make sure I am doing this correctly
1st I install the pershoot 2 I then install gapps then I reboot when do I intall the vegan ?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Yes, always make sure to avoid unnecessary error.

Do not unzip.
Boot into CWM.
Connect to PC.
Copy those two files to tablet.

Select 'install zip from sd card', select VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed-pershoot-bl1.2.zip, press the home button to flash it.
This will install both Vegan rom and Pershoot kernel.

Then select 'install zip from sd card' again, select gapps gb 20110307 signed.zip, press the home button to flash it.
This will install all google apps

After the flashing is done, select 'Reboot System Now' . . . . . . DO NOT SELECT 'REBOOT INTO RECOVERY' or the tablet will mess up BAD.

Dave