Lenovo Ideatab A2109 stuck in android system recovery

atolley77

Mar 15, 2015
Hi,i'm new to this forum but would really appreciate some help or advice. For some reason my son's ideatab has automatically entered android system recovery mode and I can't find a way past it so that he can use his tablet again. In this mode there are 5 options, 3 of these :"reboot system now", "wipe data / factory reset", "wipe cache partition" I have tried but they have not worked, the other 2 options "apply update from external storage" and "apply update from ADB" I have not tried as I am not sure what they entail and I was hoping for an easier solution. Any ideas would be appreciated

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi atolley77, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 sub-forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Hi,i'm new to this forum but would really appreciate some help or advice. For some reason my son's ideatab has automatically entered android system recovery mode and I can't find a way past it so that he can use his tablet again. In this mode there are 5 options, 3 of these :"reboot system now", "wipe data / factory reset", "wipe cache partition" I have tried but they have not worked, the other 2 options "apply update from external storage" and "apply update from ADB" I have not tried as I am not sure what they entail and I was hoping for an easier solution. Any ideas would be appreciated
Try a "factory reset" and "wipe cache" then reboot. If that doesn't fix it, you can try reloading the firmware. You can get the last firmware here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/useful-files-from-drivers-to-modded-roms.52307/
You'll want the "Stock 4.1.1 worldwide" firmware.

ahhshoelay

Mar 25, 2015
I'm having this same issue. Already tried doing factory reset, wipe cache and a reboot, still no luck. Every time it reboots, it just goes back into system recovery and gives me the same five options. I downloaded the files mentioned above but my tablet won't connect to my pc to put them in there. I've tried just about everything and nothing seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated.