Lenovo's IdeaPad A2109 Gets a Weak Rating in New Review

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
P1100632-lenovo-a2109-review.jpeg

If you are shopping for a new wallet friendly Android tablet right now, you might want to steer clear of the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109. It just got a fairly poor review overall in a new review. There were a few things they liked about the device, including its performance, build quality and battery life; however, the main complaint they had was the "bottom of the barrel" display. They were left disappointed and felt that the Google Nexus 7 was still a much better device for less money. Here's a quote with the wrap-up, and you can read the whole review at the source link below.

Sadly the screen here makes this a tough sell and hard to recommend. The Nexus 7 for $50 less is certainly a better choice, and if you’d like the larger screen I’d wait another month and snag the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD. In the end we wanted to like this tablet, and in a way we did, but the compromises far outweighed the low price. For the average user or first time tablet buyer this could be a good choice, but we’d still recommend the ASUS Nexus 7.

If you are one of our users that have this device, or have checked it out, give us your thoughts so we can all make an informed decision.

Source: AndroidCommunity

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks for the post, I will have to read this review.

Was mentioning and recommending people consider this tablet, as it is from a top brand name, looked realy good on specs and photos. Here in Canada, it's on Special this week, $249 CAD for the 16 GB model, sweet deal.

Then my friend John replied with a partial quote from an Android Police review, a very well made piece, and the author was merciless on the screen.

He loved the whole tablet, but the screen he considered a game breaker. Android Police review, by Aaron Gingrich is HERE.

What a pity, beautiful tablet, reasonable price, top brand. Sigh. :(

samwwjd

Nov 14, 2012
not nearly as bad as a lot of reviews said it was. may not be as awesome as some of the new ips screens. still a great display, hd! responsive touch , seems smooth. overall im very pleasedwith how good thescreen looks and how durable it feels. seems like some nexus fans are bashing it because its better. great size, battery seems solid, only thing in jelly bean would be nice but we'll see if lenovo updates or not. still for the price, short of buying direct from shady chinese companies its the best deal. i refused to buy the nexus tablet series on principle alone because of the no memory card. google started trying an apple strategy of prebuilt obsolesence and i am still pissed about it.

P1100632-lenovo-a2109-review.jpeg

If you are shopping for a new wallet friendly Android tablet right now, you might want to steer clear of the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109. It just got a fairly poor review overall in a new review. There were a few things they liked about the device, including its performance, build quality and battery life; however, the main complaint they had was the "bottom of the barrel" display. They were left disappointed and felt that the Google Nexus 7 was still a much better device for less money. Here's a quote with the wrap-up, and you can read the whole review at the source link below.

If you are one of our users that have this device, or have checked it out, give us your thoughts so we can all make an informed decision.

Source: AndroidCommunity