Lock out problem with Iconia A200

livym11

Jul 13, 2012
So I've gone away for a week leaving my mother in possession of my tablet, she obviously had forgotten the pattern causing a lock out. I am now required to enter my google account that I used to sign up with. For some unknown reason it is telling me that I have got an incorrect combination. I went online changed my password and tried again still it says I have it wrong. I have held down the reset button only for the tablet to turn off and on returning to the screen. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I moved your thread to the Acer Tablet forum.

Not sure why this is not working, but is your WiFi turned on and connected? It will need to communicate with Google to unlock. I have not tried it using a password change myself.

Beyond this, you will have to do a Factory Data Reset I believe. This will wipe the tablet of all of your user data.

livym11

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks, I have checked the wifi but it still didn't work. How do I do the Factory Data Reset? I'm fine with losing the data as my mum is going to keep it. As I said I've tried the reset button but it just returned to the same screen. Thanks for your help.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi livym & Deanna, welcome to the forum. Glad you both decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Click this link to http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html and follow the instructions posted there. If you can't find the instructions for your particular tablet, try some of the other methods suggested. You won't hurt anything and one of them might work. Be sure to have the tablet plugged in or well charged when trying a reset. Good luck!