Log-out from Gmail and Yahoo Mail android version

versaboi

Mar 12, 2011
Hi everyone! I dont know if this issue has been brought out before, or anybody experienced the same.

I bought my Viewsonic Viewpad 7 (local name: Superion) here in the Philippines from Cherry Mobile. I am pleased to say that this tablet is great. One question though which i find very odd. I cant find the "log out" button from my gmail. I thought maybe gmail has a sharing violation with android tablets. So, i downloaded yahoo mail android version. only to find out the same case. I tried using yahoo mail beta version and its working perfectly only that i cannot view th aettached jpeg images in beta version. So, i log out from beta version and shifted to android version to find out that the yahoo mail android version (with the same email address) still on online mode. even if im already log out from beta version. So, security is at risk there if somebody stole my tablet or lost my tablet. Another thing is that, although i can view the jpeg image (549 kb) in android version, downloading the file is impossible. Even Word Document (*.doc) of 56 kb cannot be downloaded. i tried several times, opening and closing my tab, shifting from beta to android version but to no avail. how can i resolve these problems?

Im always on-the-go person. And this tablet comes in handy. especially on documents being sent to me via email that needs immediate action. I need to find solution to these problems. Hope to hear from you soon! Thank you very much.

versaboi

Mar 12, 2011
Hi everyone! I dont know if this issue has been brought out before, or anybody experienced the same problem. Since i have not received any reply from online customer service of viewsonic, i have to find ways to solve my problem with my tab.

I bought my Viewsonic Viewpad 7 (local name: Superion) here in the Philippines from Cherry Mobile. I am pleased to say that this tablet is great. One question though which i find very odd. I cant find the "log out" button from my gmail. I thought maybe gmail has a sharing violation with android tablets. So, i downloaded yahoo mail android version. only to find out the same case. I tried using yahoo mail beta version and its working perfectly only that i cannot view th attached jpeg images in beta version. So, i log out from beta version and shifted to android version to find out that the yahoo mail android version (with the same email address) still on online mode. even if im already log out from beta version. So, security is at risk there if somebody stole my tablet or lost my tablet. how can i resolve this problem in logging out/singning out with gmail and yahoomail (android version)?

Hope to hear from you soon guys! Thank you very much.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
ok well you have to log in with a gmail account to use the market and that one you cant log out of unless you reset your device or you can try what is in post 17 here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...8-20-versions-market-volume-hack-built-2.html but that might or might and might not work. now for your yahoo issue you should just be able to uninstall the app and then reinstall it and everything will be ok. But if your worried about losing your tablet there really isnt anything you can do for that but changeing your password for your email accounts and thats what i recommend you do. Dont worry about losing it until you do and when you do just go to a computer and change your gmail account password and your yahoo password and then those accounts wont work on the tablet. hope that helps

now i recommend you use k9mail or maildroid that should solve your download problems and you can have all your emails in one place

starapple

Mar 18, 2011
versaboi doesn't seem to be interested in Android market. Just wants to be able to log out of email accounts. It seems there are problems with buttons being displayed in the browser or mail application being used. Maybe versaboi should try another browser or mail app.

iamtheceo

Apr 1, 2011
You can logout of gmail by re-setting the phone to its original factory settings. It erases everything but worth it to get rid of big brother Google. Go to "settings," select "privacy," then select "factory data reset." When it comes back on never give your gmail password again!