Looking for: CDMA, can-work-as-phone, 7-10" tablet running android 2+

faddat

Sep 20, 2010
I just lost my droid. I'm looking for an android tablet that can replace that - use the phone service and the data plan and go through the CDMA (verizon) activation process. Does such a thing exist? I mean other than that I'm looking for a tablet that runs 2.2 and can act as a phone.

Beuller, anyone?

-Jake

faddat

Sep 20, 2010
Does anyone know how much the galaxy tab may cost? I would really actually like to find a chinese thingamajig that will also ID as a phone on a CDMA network. THis is the sort of thing where it's like.... "I know it's got to exist but I don't know where on earth to get it"

dpeagle

Sep 7, 2010
its already been reported that the US version of the galaxy tab will not support voice. unless you live in the UK this option (the galaxy tab) doesnt offer anything special. in your case (verizon customer) you should visit with them about upcoming tablets that might support phone service. if the galaxy tab teaches us here in the US anything, its that the carriers here dont want to combine phone service with tablets. they want a clear separation between phone and tablet services.

faddat

Sep 20, 2010
So basically that gets me back to my inital problem: I'm looking for a chinese-built phone/tablet - that way, I don't need to cancel my account for my lost droid - it'll have the same data needs as the droid and the same voice needs, too.....

Any ideas?

I am also thinking that I may just get one of the tablets that supports WCDMA and use Cricket or boost mobile for the data service.

THanks,

-Jake