Looking for other G Slate users....

vina88

May 18, 2011
Hi Bete. I looked on Amazon already. But those stuffs, i dont like them. Can u tell me, what kinds are u using now Bete. thanks.
Vina88
Cheer (like u) ;)

vina88

May 18, 2011
Hi Bete, how u been? Can u help me for root the G-slate bete. this is the first time i using Tablet. Can u help me, i dont know how can i open Terminal in my Lap win7. We need open terminal windown, after that we put 4 files to Terminal window, right? If u have time, can u help me how can i root G-sltate on this Thread. Can u write very simple, because my english is not very well. Thank Bete, u have a good day.

Bete Noire

Apr 26, 2011
Hi Vina88!

I do not know how to root, but the people over on the other forum do. :)

I have made you a thread over there: Rooting 101 Help

Come on over and say hi!

Cheers,

- Bete

4nradio

Jun 15, 2011
I just learned of a possible workaround for Hulu. Read this link and then follow the jump to XDA-Developers:

Hulu working BRILLIANTLY on Honeycomb (Xoom, Transformer, G-Slate) : Android
Looking forward to trying this on my G-Slate!

--------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I just got the G Slate through my phone carrier, T-mobile, and I've got 20 days to decide if I'm going to keep it.

Any other new G Slate users out there who are willing to banter with a non-tech-y person about things like:

- what is up with no SMS?
- how to utilize Google Voice texting for SMS instead?
- no Netflix, no Hulu, no really???
- ideas about a "scribe" type program/pen availability?

This is only day 1 of ownership, so I'm sure I'll have lots more questions and topics I'd like to discuss with another G Slate user.

Anyone out there?

Anyone?

Bueller?

;)

Gigabitme

Jun 14, 2011
I bought an Asus Eee Tablet, but recently sold it and instead got the LG G-Tablet. I bought a case from the same company I had bought my Asus Case previously. Here is a quick review:
Super fast shipping and great product!
For anyone who owns a LG G-Slate, this is a must.

Pros:
- Fits my LG perfect with openings for my camera and all the buttons
- The option to convert the case into a stand is my favorite feature - I can watch movies without having to hold my LG at all
- I love the material the case is made out of - since it is textured, it doesn't slide out of my hands unlike other soft leather cases
- I received a free stylus pen with my purchase, which I always use now, because it is so much more convenient and prevents fingerprints
-

Cons:
- No protection for the screen from fingerprints

If you purchase this product, I would definitely recommend for you to purchase an anti-glare and anti-fingerprint screen protector as well.

You can get it here:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-G-Slate-Case-Stylus-Aurum/dp/B0057P4YDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312680344&sr=8-1

jwxfd

Sep 26, 2011
Im a 1 week owner of the G-Slate as of today and I love it...I got the Incipio Silacrilic case for it as it matches my LG Revolution Case-mate pop case almost perfectly, yes I know vein, but what can I say...

Regardless, Im in this thread now and would like to learn more about the slate, and what ever I learn, I will share....

:cheers

stnick90006

Dec 10, 2011
idk about sms for the g-slate, but i do know that there is netflix, because I use it on mine. Just download the netflix app & I'm not into hulu,but, I believe there's an app for that too :) I wanna know why my dowloaded games continue to be the size of my cell ph screen & I bought bejewelled 2 from market but it only works on my mytouch not for my tablet.

stnick90006

Dec 10, 2011
I totally love my g-slate 4g too! I'm too cheap to spend $40 for a case though. Sad, but true!!!!LMAO, but i truly understand your vanity. ;-)

ngstwt

Jan 13, 2012
I have not been able to get an answer from anybody, i recently bought the g slate tablet from tmoble and paid for data and txt on the device. The problem is there is no app for txting on it and when i search for one all i get is apps that work through wifi and not the number i have on my phone, or i find theme apps for go sms but not the actual app. I did search go sms pro online and found the actual app but it says it is not compatible with my device. This leaves me confused as to why i was able to pay to setup a line on the device. Is texting something that this device can do or not? If so how can i get a texting app ( besides the ones that use wifi, i want to get what i paid for with the mobile number ) anybody with helpfull info send me a messege [email protected] thanks

gottago

Aug 21, 2011
I use Google Voice for SMS and so it uses my GV tele #. I only use my Slate over WiFi and I have no problems using GV. I am not sure where I got the app but try the market or try the xoom app mentioned in this thread.

Separately, I am trying Groove IP for voice. It works with Google Voice over WiFi and 3/4G. So far I can call and receive but quality is something to be desired. I'll keep working on it as I really would like to only carry my Slate with a 4G plan if I could.

I have not been able to get an answer from anybody, i recently bought the g slate tablet from tmoble and paid for data and txt on the device. The problem is there is no app for txting on it and when i search for one all i get is apps that work through wifi and not the number i have on my phone, or i find theme apps for go sms but not the actual app. I did search go sms pro online and found the actual app but it says it is not compatible with my device. This leaves me confused as to why i was able to pay to setup a line on the device. Is texting something that this device can do or not? If so how can i get a texting app ( besides the ones that use wifi, i want to get what i paid for with the mobile number ) anybody with helpfull info send me a messege [email protected] thanks

Juice1112

Aug 2, 2012
@pavlos206cc - I still have my G-Slate. I must say that I have not done a whole lot with it. Today I stumbled upon this forum, and have tried to add a few features to enhance mine. If anyone else has good tips, tricks, or apps please share.

:)